User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's OFFICIAL - we are now officially Grand Design family!!

Good Day folks!!

We just returned from picking up our Grand Design 2670MK in Grants Pass, OR. We stayed our first night near the dealer to test out our rig and for the most part, no major issues. I say no major issues because the only issues were mine. The first night we ran out of water, after investigating in the morning, I discovered I never turned on the site water - LOL!!

Then later, we had no hot water - I layer learned that we have two switches on the control panel one for gas/propane or electric. I first looked inside the water heater access panel, fo r an on/off switch. I even asked a couple fo gents that happened to walk by. One looked in the panel as I did. The there asked if I turned on the switch on the control panel. I went inside and sure enough - I turned on the electric switch and voila!!

We did get a walk thru, and DW even recorded them, but I had forgotten - well, its fixed. The first setup took a couple hours!! two days later we moved to Crater Lake area, and it we cut that time to about 45 minutes - so big improvement!! Big learning experience - but we still had fun, and a good laugh over my goofs!!!

Just wanted to say hello as an official member and thank you folks for all the experience you've shared!!

Steve

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Good Day folks!!

We just returned from picking up our Grand Design 2670MK in Grants Pass, OR. We stayed our first night near the dealer to test out our rig and for the most part, no major issues. I say no major issues because the only issues were mine. The first night we ran out of water, after investigating in the morning, I discovered I never turned on the site water - LOL!!

Then later, we had no hot water - I layer learned that we have two switches on the control panel one for gas/propane or electric. I first looked inside the water heater access panel, fo r an on/off switch. I even asked a couple fo gents that happened to walk by. One looked in the panel as I did. The there asked if I turned on the switch on the control panel. I went inside and sure enough - I turned on the electric switch and voila!!

We did get a walk thru, and DW even recorded them, but I had forgotten - well, its fixed. The first setup took a couple hours!! two days later we moved to Crater Lake area, and it we cut that time to about 45 minutes - so big improvement!! Big learning experience - but we still had fun, and a good laugh over my goofs!!!

Just wanted to say hello as an official member and thank you folks for all the experience you've shared!!

Steve
    Lol thanks for sharing your experience and welcome to the family

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome!
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Georgia.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Great story.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great first time out report! Happy most issues were user error.
    Aren't new trailer mistakes amusing after the fact , Our first was an Aliner (1998) I filled the water tank before we head out to the woods, we get there and no water!!
    I figured that I let the water run for about half an hour the tank was surely full, after all it's a small tank in a pop up tpe trailer. It did not take me long to learn that I hooked the hose to the city water outlet not the fill.
    All that is available in a forest CG is a well with a hand pump.
    So we had a good laugh and a fast lesson on adding water the right way (also the hard way) and built up muscle strength pumping out a tank full of water from the well .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome congrats and welcome. Can’t wait to see and hear about your adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the family. Did you buy from Caveman? Loved that name when we saw it on a drive thru a couple of years ago.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.