User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydraulic levelers pump going bad?

Hi all,
    this issue just started, seems to be getting worse.
    when i raise or lower my stabilizers, there is a "tapping" noise and they stop moving. I stop pushing the button and then try again. Sometimes they start to work and other times they keep tapping. Tapping is not the best workd to describe the noise but its close enough. It appears the noise is coming from the front compartment where the pump and reservoir are. Just wondering if a new pump is in my near future, or is it something else. I just installed an 80 amp breaker so my stall issue has been resolved but this issue is continuing. (the noise there was prior and after the circuit breaker switch)
    Alan

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it make the same sound when you operate the hydraulic slides? If not, its probably not the pump.

Have you checked your fluid level? (Need to do this while hooked up to the truck with all leveling gear and slides retracted)

How is the condition of your battery? A bad battery will cause the leveling system to do strange things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like weak battery(s) to me.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batteries are new 1 month old lithium x 3 BB

I retracted stabilizers almost all way up and tank is full (with stabilizers down tank is at 1/2)

Slide did stop about 3/4 way in. Took about 20 seconds for circuit breaker to reset. Went back out with no issues

When I tried to auto level, lots of noises but nothing happened for three tries. The fourth time it started lowering the stabilizers bringing the trailer up to level.

I did a video while trying to auto level. Will work on my techno deficiency and try to post it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So. Apparently I am. Not quite the electrician I think I am. This issue became worse and worse till I was forced to methodically sit and analyze what was happening.
    Long story short
    When I installed new lithium battery’s and rewired front compartment, I did not run a ground direct from battery to chassis. I just “assumed” that big ole 4-0 ground wire would magically ground the system out somewhere. After installing a 6 gauge wire direct from ground to battery, no more issues!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    So. Apparently I am. Not quite the electrician I think I am. This issue became worse and worse till I was forced to methodically sit and analyze what was happening.
    Long story short
    When I installed new lithium battery’s and rewired front compartment, I did not run a ground direct from battery to chassis. I just “assumed” that big ole 4-0 ground wire would magically ground the system out somewhere. After installing a 6 gauge wire direct from ground to battery, no more issues!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea! Glad you were able to find and fix your issue.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023