Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Cav Duke View Post
    Thanks FT4NOW. Yes those nuts on the Shackles are torqued to 40 ft lbs. I was more concerned with the torquing of the 4 nuts attached to the U Bolts holding the springs to the Axels. I was really surprised when the shop removed the first spring and found the one bushing missing. I watched many videos of replacing shackles and they didn't remove the Springs, so that was concerning. The shop did say that they inspect the springs, and clean the eyelets thoroughly prior to installing the New Bushings, then reattach the springs to the Axels. I just want to be sure those Nuts don't come loose. I believe those U Bolt nuts are Torqued to 90 ft lbs. Maybe I am being Anal. I don't have the Jack stands to properly support the Rig, but I do have the tools including a Proper Torque wrench. Just to make myself feel better, I may just crawl under the rig tomorrow and check the Torque on those Ubolt Nuts. When I went to pick up the rig, they were just greasing the Wet Bolts. They wanted me to see that they were now accepting grease. I appreciated that.
    I understand now, you mean the 4 nuts on each leaf spring that holds the u-bolts. Yes, you should periodically check the torque on those. You have to check the axle service manual to verify the torque spec. I've found some of mine loose at some point after I took delivery, now it's something I check periodically.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Cav Duke View Post
    I was almost immediately shocked when they started removing the spring Wetbolts and one of the 1st spring eyebolts DID NOT even have a bushing.
    These kinds of experiences just give me the willies. I wonder how many other units are rolling down the road in like condition? Whenever I start thinking about trading what I have for something a little bigger, I run across a report like this and it makes me hesitate. Thanks for saving me some $$$, at least until I start getting the itch again.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'll be able to tell you in a few weeks if it's "worth it". Spent this weekend installing an SRE and a single X-brace on my 351M. It was a long, dirty weekend, I did the bearings while I had the wheels off, and it took some time to get it all done.

The SRE4000 kit (35in for a 351M, in case anyone wonders):
    https://www.amazon.com/MORryde-SRE2-...64&sr=8-5&th=1

with a single X-brace is what I installed.

Overall, the install was pretty easy, ONCE I figured one thing out. Hopefully my pain will be your gain. It's a straight forward install, pull all the wheels, pull the old CRE3000 out, put the new SRE in. Or it should have been, if I'd not done something stupid.

Stupid: Jacked up the trailer, took off the wheels on the left side to get started. Pulled the CRE out, cleaned everything up, then installed the SRE. First stupid thing, the bolt through the top of the SRE needs to go through the X brace!! So I got it on there, and had to take it back off to put the X-brace in. Duh.

The really stupid thing though, I had a BEAR of a time getting the suspension to line up. Anyone without a shop would have thrown in the towel. I was off by more than 1", the first side went in easy, but then I could NOT align the 2nd side. I eventually got it by using a Portopower, a few bottle jacks, and a chain hoist. 8 hours later, I was thinking to myself "how on earth do people get this done in 4 hours total?!?!". Called it a night and went to sleep dreading the 2nd side.

The 2nd side, I was done in 30 mins. Everything lined up, I had my 10 ton tools ready to go, but was able to use nothing more than a little floor jack and had it lined up in <2 mins.

Maybe someone realizes what I did already. The problem was, the first side, I had the tires still on the 2nd side. They were sitting on the ground, which was pushing everything away from me. Also, the CRE was still on the 2nd side, which was also pushing things away from me. If you do this job, get all 4 wheels in the air a little bit, and then pull both your existing equalizers. THEN start putting the new stuff on. I'm sure there's someone laughing at my stupidity right now, but, at least to me, seems like an easy mistake to make (probably because I'm an idiot and wasn't thinking the forces through correctly!!).

Looks really nice in there, does appear to have added some height to the RV (which I can use, I'm too close on my bed rails right now). The 351M is spec'ed at 13'5", I'm probably 13'6" now, the normal "max" for most roads. I'd really like to have 2-3", but I also don't want to look in the rear view and see my AC unit tumbling down the road and the new "skylight" in my RV where it used to be. I wish there was some way to lower my truck, but, sadly, there's nothing commercially available for a '19 F450.

Again, I'll get some pictures so you can see what it looks like, and after I tow it, give any impressions I may have. Not expecting a big difference in the cab of the truck, did this more to protect the RV from the insane roads in the northeast.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...381#post391381

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    In my never ending quest to get a better ride, I was wondering if upgrading my CRE3000 which came from the factory on my 351M to the SRE4000 might provide a better towing experience. Does the SRE4000 add height over a CRE? It looks higher/bigger, but that could just be the pictures. I was looking at the x-factor braces when I started this thought, and realized that the SRE kit comes with an x-factor, so that makes it like 300 bucks to do the swap over what just the brace costs.

Anyone ever do this? Worth it? Did it add height to the trailer?
    I put the SRE 4000 almost immediately after I got my rig. It had whatever GD installed back in the 2018 models (not a MorRyde system). It improved the ride in the truck a bit; I can't tell if the trailer rides any better tho.

After experience frame cracks this summer and having to have the frame area above the spring hangers and along the whole length of the suspension area boxed I have decided to go to a MorRyde IS.

I wouldn't bother going from a 3000 to a 4000. But I would strongly suggest putting x-members on all the spring hanger locations in addition to the center pivot area (where the CRE is hanging from).

As for height - you won't gain much. I have a hight/clearance issue too between the bed and rig.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 09-08-2021 at 07:26 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I put the SRE 4000 almost immediately after I got my rig.
    I wouldn't bother going from a 3000 to a 4000. But I would strongly suggest putting x-members on all the spring hanger locations in addition to the center pivot area (where the CRE is hanging from).

As for height - you won't gain much. I have a hight/clearance issue too between the bed and rig.
    Too late!

The problem with height is that there's nowhere to go. Sure, I could have them weld on a 2X2 and it would be perfect for the truck. Until I found the first overpass that's at 13'6". Honestly, I can't fault GD on this, they are trying to get the max usable space/headroom in the rig, every inch you add to the running gear is an inch you lose in the rig. The problem here is the truck manufacturers making pickup trucks that are stupid high. Every trailer I hook up to the 450 has a height issue, easy to fix with my bumper pulls, hard/impossible to fix with my goosenecks or RV. There's simply no reason for the truck to sit as high as it does, F450's aren't off road vehicles, they are towing vehicles, particularly gooseneck/5er towing vehicles. The height is nothing but trouble for that application.

I was going to put the x-brace on all 3 locations. Unfortunately, my rear sewer drain is in the way, I'd need to relocate that to be able to get an x-brace in there. And I didn't want to do the front and not the rear, seems like a good way to send more stress to the rear bracket because everything else is so solid (I could be wrong on this, but seems reasonable).

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MORryde makes a X-Factor crossmember that is a drop down version. I order one for my Solitude for the center of the trailer because it has a fresh water dump valve in the way.
    2019 Ford F350 Dually
    2020 GD Solitude 375RES-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FOWLERGK View Post
    MORryde makes a X-Factor crossmember that is a drop down version. I order one for my Solitude for the center of the trailer because it has a fresh water dump valve in the way.
    Be aware that the drop down version requires 4" between the bracket and the "obstacle." When I was installing, MORryde was kind enough to send me the line drawing for both crossmembers. Since I didn't have 4", I ended up modifying the standard crossmember to lower the installation. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210330_201052594.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	36678

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    In my never ending quest to get a better ride, I was wondering if upgrading my CRE3000 which came from the factory on my 351M to the SRE4000 might provide a better towing experience. Does the SRE4000 add height over a CRE? It looks higher/bigger, but that could just be the pictures. I was looking at the x-factor braces when I started this thought, and realized that the SRE kit comes with an x-factor, so that makes it like 300 bucks to do the swap over what just the brace costs.

Anyone ever do this? Worth it? Did it add height to the trailer?
    I did exactly what you are asking on our rig, 20 Solitude 344GKR. I swapped out the CRE 3000 for the SRE 4000 and added the front & rear X-Factor braces. I had to get a drop down X-Factor brace for the rear due to the location of the FW Tank drain. I do notice a difference in the ride and tow but I'm not sure it added much height to the trailer (maybe a little but not noticeable).
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORryde SRE2-733X SRE4000 Suspension System, Tandem Axle

Has anyone out there installed the SRE4000 on a 2014 Solitude 305re?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from a pull behind to 5er 10 years ago. DW had never had a problem before but between the chucking and proposing she started taking Dramamine before ea. trip. After about 4 hrs. her back would hurt. over the last 10yrs. I've upgraded trailer suspension, air bags on truck, morryde pin box and got a little help but never a fix. When I purchased the 351 it was no different. I first installed sumo's on the rv and that settled the trailer down and was pleased with that but no help for the truck. This summer I found a used Trailer Saver hitch on face book for $450.00 Figured is was worth a try for the money. Problem solved. Chucking almost completely gone, very mild when you do have any. The back jarring ruts on bad roads are now soft bumps. It's not perfect but close. DW loves and has not more problems. If I had known this before I would have paid full price for one 10 yrs. ago. Keep a watch on Face book marketplace and you will find some for $1000.00 to $1500.00 which is still half price on better.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12