User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember to Torque check you A/C mounting hardware

Just a friendly reminder to torque check your A/C mounting hardware to prevent any leaks from a loose gasket. My 297RSTS is nearly 2 years old and I just torqued the mounting bolts and they were very loose. Lucky I didn't have a leak yet. Per the Dometic installation instructions torque is 4.5-5.5 N-m or 40-50 in-lbs. Since mine were so loose and not leaking decided to torque to 4.0 N-m or 35 in-lbs. I did buy a special 1/4" torque wrench a while ago to do this off of Amazon.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Just a friendly reminder to torque check your A/C mounting hardware to prevent any leaks from a loose gasket. My 297RSTS is nearly 2 years old and I just torqued the mounting bolts and they were very loose. Lucky I didn't have a leak yet. Per the Dometic installation instructions torque is 4.5-5.5 N-m or 40-50 in-lbs. Since mine were so loose and not leaking decided to torque to 4.0 N-m or 35 in-lbs. I did buy a special 1/4" torque wrench a while ago to do this off of Amazon.

Rob
    Not something I thought to check. Thanks for including the torque spec.

Would be shocked if the factory ever even put a torque wrench on it.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH