User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noisy Leveling Jacks on a 6 Jack System - 2019 Solitude 310GK

Two weeks ago I purchased a 2019 Solitude 310GK rig from a private seller. One of the observations the seller let me know of, was that the jacks would make a noise from time to time. The noise would be heard when you moved the jacks in a move and set up. The noises continued to be heard as a popping and creaking sound even when the rig was set up without any movement in the rig. You could be sat out side and hear the sounds. To solve the problem I went to 'You Tube' and I came across two independant video's. These video's claimed to cure the problem.

What was needed, was that you had to siphon (purchased Harbor Freight Jiggle Siphon Pump $9) 32 ounces of the existing hydraulic fluid out of the reservoir in the front basement. After the removal of the existing fluid you replaced it with 32 ounces of CATERPILLAR HYDRAULIC OIL ADDITIVE U1-9891 ($31). You then lifted the jacks up and down plus moved the slide outs in and out multiple times. (I did this operation with the RV hooked up to my truck).

It worked!.....I have had no further noises.....I thought I would pass this on.....

Oh.....this is the best fifth wheel I have ever owned....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2777.jpg  

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the detailed first post. Welcome to the best RV Forum. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterwray1 View Post
    Two weeks ago I purchased a 2019 Solitude 310GK rig from a private seller. One of the observations the seller let me know of, was that the jacks would make a noise from time to time. The noise would be heard when you moved the jacks in a move and set up. The noises continued to be heard as a popping and creaking sound even when the rig was set up without any movement in the rig. You could be sat out side and hear the sounds. To solve the problem I went to 'You Tube' and I came across two independant video's. These video's claimed to cure the problem.

What was needed, was that you had to siphon (purchased Harbor Freight Jiggle Siphon Pump $9) 32 ounces of the existing hydraulic fluid out of the reservoir in the front basement. After the removal of the existing fluid you replaced it with 32 ounces of CATERPILLAR HYDRAULIC OIL ADDITIVE U1-9891 ($31). You then lifted the jacks up and down plus moved the slide outs in and out multiple times. (I did this operation with the RV hooked up to my truck).

It worked!.....I have had no further noises.....I thought I would pass this on.....

Oh.....this is the best fifth wheel I have ever owned....
    Yes, we love our 310GK too !!!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK