User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I took the plunge and upgraded my TV. The 1500 towed it adequately, but there really is no comparison versus a 3/4 ton truck. EVERYTHING is sooooo much better. But like I said, the 1500 did the job nicely, but I am very glad I made the switch!!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea. Part of the issue is also weight of tow vehicle holding the trailer in place. Not to mention the power. Never regretted our upgrade for a minute, especially in the mountains.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EC0387 View Post
    NDIrishLacrosse,

I’m glad you asked the questions, as I am in a similar spot. My truck is absolutely identical to yours (Lariat, short box, SC, max tow, 3.5, etc.) other than it is a 17’. I have the sport package which includes 20” rims so my payload is 1,555. I have a 500 lb family and have lost sleep runnings the same numbers.

You don’t have to look hard to find some incredibly high tongue weights around here. I have not seen specifics for the 2400BH from an owner yet. I would be interested to see what your weights are when you get everything loaded. Can you report back your real world finding when the time comes? I wonder how much you can safely control the TW based on how you load.
    EC0387,

Sorry for the delay! I took delivery in September and did a few trips with the family. Finally got to a CAT scale today with the trailer loaded but without food or linens. All supplies were left otherwise (tools, hoses, chairs, rug, etc). I had already winterized and was taking it to the dealer for some warranty work. When we go out, we are taking a weekends worth of food for a family of 4 (2 young kids). Everything cold is fitting in the fridge with room to spare (including about 24-36 beers) and dry goods in the pantry with a lot of room to spare. I would estimate its only about 20 pounds maximum of food, not counting beer. Tanks are dry except propane.

So, with all that in mind, my tongue weight came out to be 680 lbs today and total trailer weight is 6,340 lbs. Lighter than expected. Unfortunately, I do not have the manufacturer's dry weights with me at the moment. Method to get the tongue weight was taking 3 weights (with WDH, without WDH, and truck alone).

I do not have any real issue in towing. I know it is back there on calm days but it is doing the job. I am sure an F-250 or greater would simplify things. I am having real issues during winds though with some big trailer sway. Got some things dialed in better on the hitch and now I know my tongue weight is lighter than expected so I will work on increasing or re-distributing and see how that helps things before I go the route of anything bigger.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you are posting the same thing in 2 different places.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Looks like you are posting the same thing in 2 different places.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    He started this thread before buying, and looking for number validation. The other one afterwards, after encountering poor handling. So yes, they've converged....but it is considerate that he checked back to report on the current state of affairs.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234