User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oil Udder. Nice idea, but pretty unnecessary. I did mine through the wheel well with the filter cap, and it was not an issue. Used the filter cap on the new filter filled with oil, and again, no biggie. The old Cummins without all the plumbing in the way was easier, but this isn't that bad.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do mine thru the wheel well. I place a rag in the cavity under the filter to catch any oil drips. I use an oil cap from Genos for the removal and installation of the new filter. Quick and easy, and no mess. I find it easy and less messy to change the oil on my 2019 than my old '97 12valve.

I also have a Femco drain valve installed. Makes the oil change even easier with no splashing.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love the Femco's. I put those things on everything.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr2AL View Post
    I used the Rotella T oil in the 3-Gallon Cardboard Box. I just set it on top of the valve cover, open the spout and the 3 gallons goes right in without spilling. No funnel required! Happy wrenching....
    A side note,,, I just read that Shell Rotella is going to be hard to get. It's a supply chain problem, they can't get the additives to make the blend. The article I read said it will be the end of the year before they start suppling it again. I use T6 15W40 and it's out of stock everywhere. I did see a couple private sellers that have a couple gallons and are scalping crazy prices.
    My oil change will be due soon, Don't know what I will do if I cant get T6 Rotella, I have seen a couple gallons of T5 15W40 but I need almost 3 gallons..

UPDATE = Well I just now found some, Rotella T6 15W40 for three gallons, $171 shipped from company 1187 through Amazon free shipping, crazy prices! I got to have it, don't want to go over my mileage or change oil brands or weights. For my 2018 6.7 it calls for 15W40. I have heard 2019-2022 it calls for a different weight.
    I ordered the RAM filter package as well 1 oil 2 fuel filters $140 shipped, I have read they are in short supply as well.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 08-19-2022 at 07:40 AM. Reason: additional
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    A side note,,, I just read that Shell Rotella is going to be hard to get. It's a supply chain problem, they can't get the additives to make the blend. The article I read said it will be the end of the year before they start suppling it again. I use T6 15W40 and it's out of stock everywhere. I did see a couple private sellers that have a couple gallons and are scalping crazy prices.
    My oil change will be due soon, Don't know what I will do if I cant get T6 Rotella, I have seen a couple gallons of T5 15W40 but I need almost 3 gallons..

UPDATE = Well I just now found some, Rotella T6 15W40 for three gallons, $171 shipped from company 1187 through Amazon free shipping, crazy prices! I got to have it, don't want to go over my mileage or change oil brands or weights. For my 2018 6.7 it calls for 15W40. I have heard 2019-2022 it calls for a different weight.
    I ordered the RAM filter package as well 1 oil 2 fuel filters $140 shipped, I have read they are in short supply as well.
    From reading WIKIPEDIA Shell Rotella does not recommend using Rotella T6 in diesels with catalytic converters. You might want to check that out.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    From reading WIKIPEDIA Shell Rotella does not recommend using Rotella T6 in diesels with catalytic converters. You might want to check that out.
    Darn it Marcy, don’t do that to us. I just did the T6 10-30 before we left.
    Randy and Kris

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Darn it Marcy, don’t do that to us. I just did the T6 10-30 before we left.
    Time to confuse you...that was Gary. I (Marcy) always post in Red
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm as far away from being an expert on this as one can get, but I've not heard of a catalytic converter on a diesel.....just gas engines. The diesels have the DPF.....diesel particulate filters....right?
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

Steve, I have a F350 Dually Ford with the 6.7 diesel and also use the Shell Rotella in mine. Ford calls for the 5W-40 for severe duty and towing a 20K GVWR trailer certainly qualified for "Severe Duty". I don't know if you are familiar with Rural King....it's mostly a midwest US company, but I just bought oil for my next oil change which it is due for. They have the T6 5W-40 for $60 for a 2 1/2 gallon jug. I bought two of them and had them shipped to my house. I think the total came out to $142.....but that is for 5 gallons of T6.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to confuse you...that was Gary. I (Marcy) always post in Red