Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken Fussion stovetop glass

I broke the tempered glass stovetop on my Fussion 3 burner stove. I cleaned things up and it looks to be a fairly easy replacement. Problem is they want to sell me the entire stovetop at about $500. I only need the 2 glass panes. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For $500, I would say keep it....I can do without it. Or, you could do like I did and make yourself a stove cover. It serves as extra counter space when the stove is not in use....

Check out my post on the one I made......... https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Momentum-394M
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    For $500, I would say keep it....I can do without it. Or, you could do like I did and make yourself a stove cover. It serves as extra counter space when the stove is not in use....

Check out my post on the one I made......... https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Momentum-394M
    I suggested that idea to my wife but she liked the glass. I still think the cover is a good idea to prevent breaking it in the future. My son has a friend who is in the glass business. He thinks he can make replacement panes to put in the existing top. I told my wife that he might be able to make them with black glass. She liked that. I will make a cover though. That is a good idea. The glass cover doesn’t make much sense to me. A butcher block material would make more sense to me but I’m just a man.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petendoll View Post
    I suggested that idea to my wife but she liked the glass. I still think the cover is a good idea to prevent breaking it in the future. My son has a friend who is in the glass business. He thinks he can make replacement panes to put in the existing top. I told my wife that he might be able to make them with black glass. She liked that. I will make a cover though. That is a good idea. The glass cover doesn’t make much sense to me. A butcher block material would make more sense to me but I’m just a man.
    I've actually read about (a couple of times), where the glass top would just kind of explode for no reason....much less dropping something on top of it and shattering it. I think the glass top looks nice, but it doesn't seem to be very "functional", and thus the cover for ours. A Black or dark smoked one would look good too, but again....how useable would it be.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just make sure it is tempered and the installer checks the glass frame for any sharp edges protrusions. Tempered glass is very durable, EXCEPT when hit on an edge.
    Hope this helps.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a bunch. I’m going to call Fussion first to see if they will sell me the glass without the whole top. If not, I will see what the glass guy can do.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks a bunch. I’m going to call Fussion first to see if they will sell me the glass without the whole top. If not, I will see what the glass guy can do.
    Sounds like a plan. Most any glass company can replace the panels - get a few quotes. There is some, really neat glass out there now. Colors, designs, pictures.
    Last edited by powerscol; 08-09-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How old is your rig it happen to me just wiping off and exploded in a million pieces called grand design and they sent replacement all they asked if I would send picture worth a try they must know it's an issue mine happen about 3 to 5 months ago and I was not the only no problems with the new one

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk