User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I don't think it matters which GD trailer you get you will want to replace the mattress. We replaced ours with a regular home mattress fairly quick.
    They do squeeze it into the same spot. If you can get by with a queen you'll have a few more inches to get around the bed. If you have not been in one yet you will find those extra inches are noticable when moving about and making the bed.
    We slept on our mattress 13 nights. We took pictures of the dips and sent them to GD. They sent us a check for $300 after we provided proof of a mattress purchase. I presume the amount rendered depends on cost of new mattress. We bought the Montana from Wilderness RV Mattress. We’ve slept on it for 6 weeks and are pleased.

The extra 6” of walk around space in the bedroom when opting for queen is HUGE!
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Below are the email responses I received from GD on option weights (not considering all options - but wanted to know if a unit turned up with those options, what the weight impact would be) and whether the mandatory options are included in the advertised UVW. I also asked if 100% of the weight of the options is added to pin weight - the answer is at the bottom and a bit confusing to me particularly for the generator which is far forward (sorry left slide rule and physics back in the '70s)?

"All the mandatory options will be included in UVW. Those additional items will not be included on the UVW on our website. Here is an approximate list of weights for the additional items you listed.

Residential Fridge: 227 lbs.

3rd A/C unit: 88 lbs.

Dual Pane Windows: 200 – 250 lbs.

Solar Panel: 49.6 lbs.

Exterior Kitchen: approximately 80 Lbs.

the generator is located in the front storage compartment and weighs about 200 LBS. The gens LP fuel consumption @ 50 % load is about 0.8 Gallons/Hr.

This should have very little impact on tongue weight and your payload. Same with pin weight."

I am also brand new to the RV world but maybe a little bit OCD on things; like weight variances. I am wondering if GD gave you just the weight of the options without factoring in removal of the items being replaced. Just as one example; the residential fridge weighs 227lbs, but what is the weight of the original fridge coming out? If it weighs 180lbs, you have only added 47lbs not 227.

dunno, but it might be a question worth asking.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTx View Post
    I am also brand new to the RV world but maybe a little bit OCD on things; like weight variances. I am wondering if GD gave you just the weight of the options without factoring in removal of the items being replaced. Just as one example; the residential fridge weighs 227lbs, but what is the weight of the original fridge coming out? If it weighs 180lbs, you have only added 47lbs not 227.

dunno, but it might be a question worth asking.
    Good point - looking online a Samsung residential is about 220 lbs. Makes me wonder about the windows. The rest I would guess are pretty much add-ons into somewhat empty space.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know if it is true or not but I have heard that the residential fridge weighs less.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for re-surfacing the old thread, but I thought I'd provide the weights GD gave me on the 310GK-R which is now built and awaiting transport for impact of options over and above mandatory.

We ordered the RV with the following:
    Factory Generator
    Factory Solar
    Dual Pane Windows
    8K axles and disc brakes
    Heat pump
    Slide toppers
    King Bed

The weights given to me by GD are:
    Dry weight - 13,114
    Pin weight - 2,632
    GVWR - 18,000 (due to the 8K axles)

We are not full-timers - maybe a couple of month long trips and a couple of shorter duration during the year.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12