Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hariskhan View Post
    If you're traveling during COVID 19 panademic

-What adjustments have you had to make?
    - What sort of COVID 19 supplies do you take with you on a trip?
    -How do you see other travelers handling these crazy times?

I have to leave for our 4-month trip next weekend and I'd like to get a feel for things from people that are on the road.

Thanks!
    Not really "traveling", but our (thus far) one, and only trip since March was to a county park about 2 miles from our RV storage place. No activities there, lots of space between sites. It was just someplace else to "sit around" besides home.

We've added a (bigger) bottle of hand sanitizer, and masks to our supplies in the rig.

There were 2 or 3 trailers at the park who had a big group gathering one night (music, yelling, lights until at least 2 am). We were glad when they left a couple of days later.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    We are new full timers and have been to several RV parks over the past three months. One office was closed and required transactions over the phone. Those that are open required masks while inside. Activity at the parks seems like business as usual. Lots of people outside enjoying the great weather. I haven't seen anybody wearing masks while doing this but there are a few groups that appear to be practicing social distancing.

I'm an avid mountain biker and I'm either up at Mt Bachelor at the downhill bike park or on the trails near town every day. Mt Bachelor requires masks while in the lift line at the top and bottom of the chair. My wife figured out how to attach a mask to my full face helmet. I pull the mask down when riding then pull two strings to pull the face mask back up to cover my mouth and nose when I get to the lift. Works great!

Yesterday as I approached a young couple on a remote trail, they stopped and moved aside and put masks on prior to me passing them. They were ten feet off the trail. Then there are the people riding in cars alone while wearing masks. I always find that interesting and wonder what they do while they are at home. Do they sleep with masks too???

The stores and businesses around here are full like they used to be but everybody wears masks. Restaurants aren't very busy but most are open. Masks are required until you sit at your table. So the bottom line is other than people wearing masks while in public buildings, traveling in the RV seems "normal" in the areas I've visited (OR and CA).
    Bend OR is a virus hot spot. On July 17, 2020 the visitor and tourism people were asking visitors to stay away. It sounds like that request may not have had much impact on the crowds. Are they still asking people to stay away?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Here's a good source of information about cases and deaths by county - updated daily:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...4918CF50EAB3DB

Rob

Thanks for the link. Good info.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Bend OR is a virus hot spot.
    It is???? All the data I look at (including the excellent resource Rob shared a link to above) shows the infection and death rates are lower here than most other counties across the nation. Bend is a tourist town and our "leaders" are trying to discourage people visiting from out of town. They are particularly concerned about all the rental properties. We don't have crowds here - just a lot of people who enjoy all the outdoor activities that are available.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    It is???? All the data I look at (including the excellent resource Rob shared a link to above) shows the infection and death rates are lower here than most other counties across the nation. Bend is a tourist town and our "leaders" are trying to discourage people visiting from out of town. They are particularly concerned about all the rental properties. We don't have crowds here - just a lot of people who enjoy all the outdoor activities that are available.
    You are correct, hot spot is a relative term. When comparing Deschutes County with the rest of the nation your numbers are low. My assumption was that since a tourist area was telling tourists to stay away there must be some concern.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    You are correct, hot spot is a relative term. When comparing Deschutes County with the rest of the nation your numbers are low. My assumption was that since a tourist area was telling tourists to stay away there must be some concern.
    As an Oregon resident, I've learned to ignore what our local leaders say and instead look at the data (facts) and use common sense.
    Last edited by bertschb; 08-10-2020 at 10:24 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hariskhan View Post
    If you're traveling during COVID 19 panademic

-What adjustments have you had to make?
    - What sort of COVID 19 supplies do you take with you on a trip?
    -How do you see other travelers handling these crazy times?

I have to leave for our 4-month trip next weekend and I'd like to get a feel for things from people that are on the road.

Thanks!
    We've been traveling since April. The only adjustments we have had to make is we avoid the States that are going just stupid crazy over something that a paper and cloth mask will not do any good for. We have ran across people that are paranoid and traveling and insist that you stand 15 to 20' away from them, but those are far and few between nut jobs. We also ran across two RV parks that insist you wear a mask even in your own personal RV. We simply canceled the reservation with them and moved on to the one down the street with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since May 1 we have traveled from Key West, FL to Olympic Peninsula, Washington down to Olympia down to Bend, Oregon and down to Medford, Crescent City CA and now Sacramento CA. Quite a few places closed in May, but now opening. Most everyone wearing masks, but not all. San Francisco still a zoo like always. Montana had a 14 day quarantine but it was not applicable if you were traveling through. It has been more normal than we thought it would be. Bend, OR was busy on a Friday night in the park along the River, but not a hot spot. I really loved that town ! New Mexico has a 14 day quarantine period which may screw up our visit you our grandchildren in El Paso. We were planning to stay in New Mexico. So we will have to work that out. So it has not been a real problem.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just returned from an Oregon SP. We take along more Lysol spray, wipes & sanitizer, soak the hose bib, electric post, sewer connection with spray. Park was quite full all week, people keeping distance on the trails, some wearing masks. We don't let our dog stop & sniff butts with other dogs. We are loners so not BSing with people is no problem. We try to take along what we need & only go to stores if really there is a need to. No shopping, or restaurants. There was zero interaction with the SP employees & campground hosts.

OSP is instituting a 30% rate surcharge for reservations to out of staters now. They will honor previous reservations tho. We will be going up near Astoria in early Sept.... maybe. Wont be surprised if they shut down the SP system again. Fort Stevens will not take in campers without an reservation.

Things are changing rapidly as the cooties spread, so if your moving, check ahead DAILY to see if anything has changed.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We go to our RV in the mountains and we did go to Gatlinburg for 2 days. Hard to catch COROVID from a black bear.

Seriously, we have found it easy to travel to the outdoors and be very safe--staying away from others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast