User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile How many of you are traveling during this pandemic?

If you're traveling during COVID 19 panademic

-What adjustments have you had to make?
    - What sort of COVID 19 supplies do you take with you on a trip?
    -How do you see other travelers handling these crazy times?

I have to leave for our 4-month trip next weekend and I'd like to get a feel for things from people that are on the road.

Thanks!
    Last edited by hariskhan; 08-08-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on a short jaunt to the coast for the week. The campsite requires masks if you are outside your camp space. Most folks are following the rules. However at the beaches, the more younger folks there are, the fewer people there are that socially distance or wear a mask.

Most businesses have signs stating you must wear a mask to enter. I have not had any issues obtaining supplies. We have been purposely avoiding crowded areas however.
    Quote Originally Posted by hariskhan View Post

I have to leave for our 4-month trip next weekend and I'd like to get a feel for things from people that are on the road.

Thanks!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    We are heading on a trip to Gaspe Quebec for nearly a month today. Taking masks and sanitizer along. I expect it to be much the same as at home with masks needed in all public places and some things closed at the campgrounds.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    We have gone on two group trips so far this year. Armed with masks and disinfectant wipes (at one point we were running low so we had to make our own), we arrived at campgrounds. People kept distance and most carried masks with them for chance encounters. If you needed something from the store-same routine as at home, go early, use masks and take wipes/gloves. We did not have any pot-luck dinners. There were some impromptu discussion gatherings, mostly in the roads with everyone keeping distance.

Bruce must travel for work. Since March, he’s been doing a lot of remote work from home, but last week he had to go to northern VT. More than halfway there he received a phone call from the hotel he’d booked. He was told he could not have the room because his county had more than 600 cases of Covid-19. We do not-throughout the whole ordeal we’ve had fairly low prevalence. Apparently they were extrapolating up to “cases per million”. His company had to fax a letter to the hotel stating that he is an “essential worker”.

Before entering another state, I’d check on policy. Make sure you won’t be placed under a mandatory 15 day quarantine somewhere in your travels.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To expand on Houndbb above: Many states in the Northeast and elsewhere have restrictions on out of state persons entering from states with high positive testing rates. Generally you have two options a 14 day quarantine or a negative test in the last 72 hours. For a brief stay, even up to two weeks that is not feasible. I gave up and cancelled a September stay in Rhode Island.
    Adherence is only as good as enforcement too. A month ago I was at two USDA (Army Engineer Corp ) campgrounds and had to be very aware of my surroundings because some are oblivious or don't care even though adherence to CDC guidelines were posted throughout. I saw groups together with no practical measures taken. If someone came too close I just told them my dog was ready for a walk and moved on. Also campgrounds are so busy and crowded that getting any lengthy reservation without advance planning is difficult.
    Lists of state restrictions:https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/u...-19/index.html
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staying within Ontario and Quebec. The other provinces have a 14 quarantine and the border is still closed. We bring our mask, hand sanitizer and wipes. But mostly we follow the 6 feet distancing rule, mask wearing and hand cleaning. We really dont want to go back to a lock down so we choose to do our part even though a minority doesn't. We're back to doing pretty much all of our activities, a little differently maybe. What I really miss is handshaking and hugs. I am Canadian after all Eh! Lol

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As full-timers who normally travel a lot, we have curtailed that and only traveled from Georgia to Maryland in June when the military FamCamp where we had reservations opened back up to incoming guests. We are not likely to take the rig back off post (Aberdeen Proving Ground) until the pandemic and travel restrictions ease back up for fear of not being allowed back on post should things get worse again. This will prevent our sticking to plans for a month in Cincinnati for the birth of a new grandbaby and I'm sure a family get-together in western Virginia for November will get scrubbed, too.

As to your question: when we made the trip in early June, we stopped for fuel only (using gloves and then hand sanitizer at the pumps) and used the restroom in the rig. We are ordering all of our groceries on-line and picking them up curbside at the Walmart just outside the main gate. We shop at the Commissary about twice a month where they have "sentries" at the doors making sure you wash your hands at outside stations and wear masks inside. During peak times, they count people in and out and limit the number inside. All military installations (and the state of Maryland) are mandatory on masks right now. We are limiting our exposure to our grandkids here to just outdoor activities and are wearing masks while with them. Being the the higher-risk age group, neither of us want to be without the other and we'd like to live long enough to spend time with our grandkids and family when all of this blows over.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are new full timers and have been to several RV parks over the past three months. One office was closed and required transactions over the phone. Those that are open required masks while inside. Activity at the parks seems like business as usual. Lots of people outside enjoying the great weather. I haven't seen anybody wearing masks while doing this but there are a few groups that appear to be practicing social distancing.

I'm an avid mountain biker and I'm either up at Mt Bachelor at the downhill bike park or on the trails near town every day. Mt Bachelor requires masks while in the lift line at the top and bottom of the chair. My wife figured out how to attach a mask to my full face helmet. I pull the mask down when riding then pull two strings to pull the face mask back up to cover my mouth and nose when I get to the lift. Works great!

Yesterday as I approached a young couple on a remote trail, they stopped and moved aside and put masks on prior to me passing them. They were ten feet off the trail. Then there are the people riding in cars alone while wearing masks. I always find that interesting and wonder what they do while they are at home. Do they sleep with masks too???

The stores and businesses around here are full like they used to be but everybody wears masks. Restaurants aren't very busy but most are open. Masks are required until you sit at your table. So the bottom line is other than people wearing masks while in public buildings, traveling in the RV seems "normal" in the areas I've visited (OR and CA).
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    I think your travel experience is going to depend a lot on where you go. If you provide destinations, forum members can give you more relevant information. Google the counties you will visit to find out the number of cases.

We are full time and recently, June, July 2020, traveled from Elephant Butte NM to the coast of Oregon. It took us a month to get here. Attitudes toward the virus vary by town and region. Some places everyone wore a mask and other places no one wore masks, “we don’t have the virus here” was the attitude. We have witnessed three aggressive confrontations where customers refused to ware masks.

The virus has had little impact on us since we always go to low population areas and are not part of the party crowd. In the campgrounds we have been in it has been a mix of caring about the virus and not worried. Many people are concerned and others are not. There have been many groups that come together, party, no masks or social distance then go away. Social distancing in a RV is not hard as long as you are not part of the party crowd.

Traveling in the west has not been a problem. Don’t know what it is like in other parts of the country.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    I think your travel experience is going to depend a lot on where you go. If you provide destinations, forum members can give you more relevant information. Google the counties you will visit to find out the number of cases.

We are full time and recently, June, July 2020, traveled from Elephant Butte NM to the coast of Oregon. It took us a month to get here. Attitudes toward the virus vary by town and region. Some places everyone wore a mask and other places no one wore masks, “we don’t have the virus here” was the attitude. We have witnessed three aggressive confrontations where customers refused to ware masks.

The virus has had little impact on us since we always go to low population areas and are not part of the party crowd. In the campgrounds we have been in it has been a mix of caring about the virus and not worried. Many people are concerned and others are not. There have been many groups that come together, party, no masks or social distance then go away. Social distancing in a RV is not hard as long as you are not part of the party crowd.

Traveling in the west has not been a problem. Don’t know what it is like in other parts of the country.
    Here's a good source of information about cases and deaths by county - updated daily:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...4918CF50EAB3DB

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast