Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time TT (2600RB) owner, with a Loooong Truck

We just purchased our first TT, a 2600RB, which we will pick up this week. We plan to camp locally for our first few trips, but eventually all over the US and Canada. Right now I have 2016 GMC 2500HD crew cab long box to tow with. Curious as to thoughts and/or experience about that set up. Too long? Too much truck? Not sure we’ll ever upsize our trailer and only have 45K miles on the truck, so don’t really want to trade right now, unless it’d be the “smart” thing to do. Looking forward to this new adventure, and being part of a great community of RVers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have a great tow vehicle, the longer and heavier the truck the less you have the tail wagging the dog sort of speak. You will love it at highway speeds but may be a little inconvenient maneuvering in tight places, there are always trade offs.
    Try it for awhile before making any decision. They say you can never have to big a truck only to small of one.
    2020 IMAGINE XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second that you have a great tow vehicle. Enjoy your new trailer!
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. You’re in a good spot. Some people start with not enough truck and eventually need to upgrade it. You didn’t state whether or not you have a gas or diesel but either one should have clear margins on all the various weight specs to take into consideration.

Congrats on the trailer and welcome to RV life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk