Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Power IC 2000 Inverter Charger - Fault

Good Afternoon -

I have a recently self installed Go Power IC2000 that I can not seem to work without a few flaws.

RV Details:
    2018 GD 2800BH
    30amp Service
    One 15k btu AC with micro air soft start
    Qty 2 Lion Energy UT1300 Lithium Batteries
    400 Watts of Solar with Renogy Rover Controller

When plugged into a generator and using the shore power max draw setting at 23 amps for this test (plugged into a Honda 3000 watt generator). The IC2000 starts to load share as described in the manual, and then ignores the shore power input after a few seconds of a 26 amp draw. For the test in the video linked below, I display the idle draw, then the amp draw of idle + microwave, then idle + AC (waiting for power draw to flatten, with the last test of the following:

2.0 amps - Idle Draw
    14 amps - Idle Draw + Microwave
    26 amps - Idle Draw + Microwave + AC

Video Link - https://youtu.be/Da_YqboO0Us

As seen in the video, the IC2000 then ignores the shore power input and displays .3 amps after a few moments. I have triple checked that I have good connections from the shore power cord all the way through the inverter and back to the panel. The only way to get the unit to recognize the full shore power input is to disconnect shore power and disconnect the batteries from the inverter. Reapplying power on both AC and DC restarts the unit and shore power input displays correctly again.

I bought this inverter so that I can run my AC unit off of a Honda 2000 generator and still be able to use typical AC loads (microwave, tv, fans) that can be supplemented from the inverter while recharging the batteries via solar.

Has anyone else had these issues with this make / model of inverter?

Thank you,

Bobby

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobHendo View Post
    Good Afternoon -

I have a recently self installed Go Power IC2000 that I can not seem to work without a few flaws.

RV Details:
    2018 GD 2800BH
    30amp Service
    One 15k btu AC with micro air soft start
    Qty 2 Lion Energy UT1300 Lithium Batteries
    400 Watts of Solar with Renogy Rover Controller

When plugged into a generator and using the shore power max draw setting at 23 amps for this test (plugged into a Honda 3000 watt generator). The IC2000 starts to load share as described in the manual, and then ignores the shore power input after a few seconds of a 26 amp draw. For the test in the video linked below, I display the idle draw, then the amp draw of idle + microwave, then idle + AC (waiting for power draw to flatten, with the last test of the following:

2.0 amps - Idle Draw
    14 amps - Idle Draw + Microwave
    26 amps - Idle Draw + Microwave + AC

Video Link - https://youtu.be/Da_YqboO0Us

As seen in the video, the IC2000 then ignores the shore power input and displays .3 amps after a few moments. I have triple checked that I have good connections from the shore power cord all the way through the inverter and back to the panel. The only way to get the unit to recognize the full shore power input is to disconnect shore power and disconnect the batteries from the inverter. Reapplying power on both AC and DC restarts the unit and shore power input displays correctly again.

I bought this inverter so that I can run my AC unit off of a Honda 2000 generator and still be able to use typical AC loads (microwave, tv, fans) that can be supplemented from the inverter while recharging the batteries via solar.

Has anyone else had these issues with this make / model of inverter?

Thank you,

Bobby
    Not sure I can help you with your problem. I had an IC2000 inverter/charger like you described until I recently replaced it. Not related to your question but I replaced the unit because it does not properly charge the Lion lithium batteries. The charger interacts with the BMS in a way that results in a transient voltage spike that causes the unit to shut down with an ovp fault (over voltage). If you contact GoPower support, they will confirm that it doesn’t work but they plan a firmware release in the future to support the Lion batteries. Apparently the covid shutdown has slowed the delivery of the solution. Just a heads up. Re your problem, I am not sure how you wired the unit. Mine was dual 50 amp as is my camper. My surprise was that it only monitors current use on leg 1 so it made the current boost stuff very sensitive to circuit use on the 2 legs. Assuming that you are just using leg 1 for your entire 30 amp service, it shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t remember all the details of the setup options. I suggest you contact their service org by email. My experience is that they are very helpful and responsive to info requests. Good luck. Nothing that you are doing jumps out as wrong.
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Not sure I can help you with your problem. I had an IC2000 inverter/charger like you described until I recently replaced it. Not related to your question but I replaced the unit because it does not properly charge the Lion lithium batteries. The charger interacts with the BMS in a way that results in a transient voltage spike that causes the unit to shut down with an ovp fault (over voltage). If you contact GoPower support, they will confirm that it doesn’t work but they plan a firmware release in the future to support the Lion batteries. Apparently the covid shutdown has slowed the delivery of the solution. Just a heads up. Re your problem, I am not sure how you wired the unit. Mine was dual 50 amp as is my camper. My surprise was that it only monitors current use on leg 1 so it made the current boost stuff very sensitive to circuit use on the 2 legs. Assuming that you are just using leg 1 for your entire 30 amp service, it shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t remember all the details of the setup options. I suggest you contact their service org by email. My experience is that they are very helpful and responsive to info requests. Good luck. Nothing that you are doing jumps out as wrong.
    I had similar issues with the first unit that I installed in regards to the unit shutting down and displaying the OVP fault when the batteries would reach 100%. The currently (replacement) unit has their newest version of the firmware and that problem has not repeated.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobHendo View Post
    I had similar issues with the first unit that I installed in regards to the unit shutting down and displaying the OVP fault when the batteries would reach 100%. The currently (replacement) unit has their newest version of the firmware and that problem has not repeated.
    Glad to hear that they have a fix for distribution now. I last emailed them on 5/15 and they had no scheduled availability as testing of the fix was pending returning to work. I needed to get ready to leave for the summer and could not be without a functioning charger. Since I was going to have to send the unit back to the factory to get the fw upgrade done, I didn’t feel I could wait. I hope the upgraded unit works well for you.
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch