User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of one of the Shurflo pumps too from my experience in my boating days as a good option but still suggest that you trouble shoot first.

Brian
    Brian & Shea+ Zeke & Roxy GSP’s
    2018 GD Reflection 303RLS 800w solar 400ah LiFePO4
    Sold 2018 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat gas 2,980# payload
    2024 Ford F-350 4x4 CCSB Lariat diesel 4,000# payload

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my Yellow LCI water pump fail on me while on a boondocking trip. I disassembled it at the campsite and got it to work. It did not fail after that, however, I never trusted it again and replaced it with a Sur-Flo Model 4008-101-A65 and have not had any problems since.

My advice; check out your current pump to ensure you are getting good voltage and that your supply hose from the tank is not collapsing (the flex hose they use can collapse in on itself and restrict water flow [mine does and I need to replace that section with PEX]). If your voltage is good and your supply line is not collapsed, then replace your pump with a Sur-Flo pump.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reflection came with a pump which was not even close to spec on the pressure. It would cycle all the time and I was worried it would burn it itself out. Get a good pressure gauge and check the cut off pressure and when it comes on. I had to twist on the top pressure screw to get it right and then it was much more reliable. I added the little air bladder thingy too while I was messing with everything.

The big thing was the pump was not setup correctly. Do check that, I am convinced they ship them on the low side so no one blows out fixtures. Pump website and youtube has great resources on this topic.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has to be something else wrong. Most of the newer pumps are rated for continuous duty. I had one fail in the 90's when one of the permanent magnets fell off the housing after I grossly overheated it while sanitizing. That one was not rated continuous.

The pressure switch that controls the on/off cycle may be set too high. It takes a very small Allen wrench.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
    Our GD is barely a year old and it needs its third water pump.
    Is there something better than stock out there?
    Thanks.
    I tend to believe RV water pumps are sort of cheap too. In my Reflection I had to replace the pump after it was about 3 months out of warranty. I went to West Marine and bought a boat water pump, I think there built better for the marine environment. They also come in many different GPM's and PSI's. I belive the one I got was 40psi and 6gpm, or something close to that. It was enough to run the shower and a faucet at the same time with no water pressure change, and the dear wife liked the pressure for washing her hair. We sold that RV about 5 years later and it was still running strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the couple with the Momentum (Changing lanes) did a video about changing their water pump.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_KDcm5pg4k
    2018 344GK. 2018 Chevy 3500 dually.
    Live every moment, because every day is a good day when the sun comes up!

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Sea Flow and WOW what a difference.
    Solid flow, pump stops the instant the water flow stops, no intermittant running for no reason, a bit more pressure but only a little more noise.

Worth it.
    Awkward and hard to get at, a @$#*%!%@!! to install but I set it up for a possible future change out to be much easier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed when I installed my 3rd water pump (Sea Flow) that it said not to have any more than 30 psi to the inlet side of the pump (preferably 0 psi). I was surprised to see that the inlet side on my trailer had full city pressure to it. So I installed new pex lines to the pump along with ball valves on both side of the pump. Also cut a 12" x 12" door in the basement so that I could reach the valves without climbing into the basement. Hopefully this will extend the life of my pump. Both of my last 2 pumps had water leaks. One leaked internally which shorted out the pump. The next actually cracked the housing causing a small leak for a day before I caught it. Pretty sure I won't have anymore pump problems. And I did have a pressure regulator installed.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klobear View Post
    I think the couple with the Momentum (Changing lanes) did a video about changing their water pump.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_KDcm5pg4k
    They went with an Accumulator tank. The model Sea Flow I installed said ya don't need one. Seems to be working fine.
    They get most these products for free for featuring them on their YouTube channel and not always did they really need them.
    I use a high flow hose-end pressure regulator that is protecting the pump as well when using hook ups.

To not have the pump running for 10 minute intervals on and off all night and day, and not be getting bubbly water has been a real quality of life addition in our Momentum.
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 10-26-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
    Our GD is barely a year old and it needs its third water pump.
    Is there something better than stock out there?
    Thanks.
    West marine Model # 15174741 is the one I installed in our reflection over 5 years ago. We could wash dishes and take a shower at the same time and never noticed another faucet was turned on. I also had one on our ocean boat (it took a pounding) for over 4 years and was working great when we sold it. I'm just waiting for the one in our new solitude to break, like most everything else has, before I put it in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast