User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Plumbing Issue? / Holding Tanks?

Hi all,
    I am looking for some guidance on slow draining holding tanks/possible plumbing issues.
    We have had unit in a few times in the first 8 months for various issues. Last issue was a noticeable drip coming through front, center section of the underbelly.
    Dealer said they looked at all possible areas and could not reproduce issue, but did find a twisted bathroom sink line. Just returned from about 3 months on the road and saw the issue again at our last site.
    Also seems like our holding tanks, black & grey, take forever to empty completely. Water flow is high at the start of the process, but each individual tank can take up to 10-15 minutes to stop trickling water.
    No idea if these issues could be connected so I posted them together.

Thanks for any help provided.

Not sure what happened to signature...I have a 2020 Imagine 2500RL
    Last edited by The Mad Stork; 08-09-2020 at 01:05 PM. Reason: To include unit type

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Mad ... When you say drip coming through front center section of underbelly, where exactly is the drip coming out at - at the edge of the cloroplast ? Are there holes in your coroplast back farther ? Is the water clean, or grey or black water ? Fresh water will never look absolutley clean coming out of your underbelly, but grey water is usually a little "slippery" feeling from the soap. My slow drip turned out to be lots of water in the underbelly ... just taking its time building up enough to leak out. It was a very tiny crack in my kitchen grey tank right at where the elbow connected to the grey tank. It would only leak when the tank was so full, and it took a long time before it built up enough to find its way out of an opening in the cloroplast. So I am assuming your dealer dropped the cloroplast and took a flashlight and carefully looked. You need to ask him what exactly he did which did not reproduce the issue.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    Dear Mad ... When you say drip coming through front center section of underbelly, where exactly is the drip coming out at - at the edge of the cloroplast ? Are there holes in your coroplast back farther ? Is the water clean, or grey or black water ? Fresh water will never look absolutley clean coming out of your underbelly, but grey water is usually a little "slippery" feeling from the soap. My slow drip turned out to be lots of water in the underbelly ... just taking its time building up enough to leak out. It was a very tiny crack in my kitchen grey tank right at where the elbow connected to the grey tank. It would only leak when the tank was so full, and it took a long time before it built up enough to find its way out of an opening in the cloroplast. So I am assuming your dealer dropped the cloroplast and took a flashlight and carefully looked. You need to ask him what exactly he did which did not reproduce the issue.
    Thanks for the reply Bill. Drip is coming from center of underbelly nearer to the front third of unit. Looks like slight sag has occurred in material. Haven't seen any holes. Water seems pretty clear. I don't use the fresh tank, although the dealer tested that along with others when serviced. By testing, I believe they dropped the underbelly material and filled the tanks while looking for leaks. The sag may suggest more water than meets the eye as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water is not going to soak thru or come thru the coroplast sheet, so if there is no hole there then it is coming from somewhere else and running down along the sag on the outside to the low spot then dripping to the ground. Coroplast sags here and there at random, but push up on the low point and see if it feels heavier than it should be. My limited experience tells me that once something starts dripping it may go away for a while but it will come back. If you rule out rainwater or air conditioner water then it may come back.

My drip was like 1 drip every 5 seconds and occured at a small crack in the kitchen grey tank as the water exited the tank at an elbow, which is way over on the right side by the outside stair steps. My mobile tech was very patient in order to see this. After what could have been weeks or more, the water accumulated so much that it finally started dripping out of the opening cut in the coroplast for the low point drains which is way over on the other side of the unit and much farther back by the wheels. This is a good example of ... "where you see the water is not necessarily close to where it originates". At this point you kind of want to duplicate the problem and make it leak so you can tell where it is coming from. Leaks are funny that way. Sorry I can't help further, let me know how this turns out.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information Bill. I now have a better idea of what could be happening and where to look. Very helpful stuff. If I figure it out, I will update.
    Now I just need to figure out why the tanks take so long to empty.
    Safe travels.