Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordering Lead Time?

Howdy folks,

New here. My wife and I are trying to put together our timeline for joining the full time rv community. We're planning on ordering a Momentum 397, we would like to have it somewhere around the 1st of May 2021, by what date should we try to have the deal done?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant give you an exact idea since it's been over 3 years since we ordered. One thing to keep in mind is if you get full body paint it adds extra time. Also, I think it depends on the dealer, some have "production spots" reserved or ordered and they can use that spot for your order. At least I think it works like that, it's what I was told anyway when I was looking to order back in 2016.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Cant give you an exact idea since it's been over 3 years since we ordered. One thing to keep in mind is if you get full body paint it adds extra time. Also, I think it depends on the dealer, some have "production spots" reserved or ordered and they can use that spot for your order. At least I think it works like that, it's what I was told anyway when I was looking to order back in 2016.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply FT4NOW, good to know. We are planning on full body paint.

John

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a reference, we ordered our Reflection at the end of January 2020, before Covid obviously, no full body paint, it took 6 weeks. The dealer (Lazydays in Tampa) predicted it very accurately. I imagine it might be easier for large dealers to do that. If you haven't had a rig before one thing to consider: I'd give myself at least a month, maybe two months AFTER you get your rig BEFORE going full time to do a couple dry camping runs to test things out and get everything configured they way you'd like. Setting up how to store things, bins to store things in, fixing things or improving things, mods you want to make, etc., can eat up a surprising amount of time. Doing it from home can be a lot easier than in the field, not that it can't be done. We did it when we first went full time but it's annoying on the road when you don't have your favorite hardware store nearby or all your tools handy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    For a reference, we ordered our Reflection at the end of January 2020, before Covid obviously, no full body paint, it took 6 weeks. The dealer (Lazydays in Tampa) predicted it very accurately. I imagine it might be easier for large dealers to do that. If you haven't had a rig before one thing to consider: I'd give myself at least a month, maybe two months AFTER you get your rig BEFORE going full time to do a couple dry camping runs to test things out and get everything configured they way you'd like. Setting up how to store things, bins to store things in, fixing things or improving things, mods you want to make, etc., can eat up a surprising amount of time. Doing it from home can be a lot easier than in the field, not that it can't be done. We did it when we first went full time but it's annoying on the road when you don't have your favorite hardware store nearby or all your tools handy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bearii. That's the plan, have it in the driveway hoping to give us a month or so to get it set up and allowing some time to try and figured it out a bit before blast off.

John

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the liinks Second Chance! Helpful.

John

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a deposit on a 2600 RB on June 23 and it is supposed to be here end of August which is when we wanted it delivered. I guess we'll soon find out but they said yesterday it is still on schedule.
    From Lazy Days Tampa.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 397TH on July 13th I think. They finished it today and it's now going for paint. ETA 5 - 6 weeks to get that done. Total time will be 13 - 14 weeks if they are accurate on the paint time. GD also has 900+ units sitting in their yard waiting for parts.

I would say you should order your 397TH no later than mid December for a May 1 delivery.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
    We ordered our 397TH on July 13th I think. They finished it today and it's now going for paint. ETA 5 - 6 weeks to get that done. Total time will be 13 - 14 weeks if they are accurate on the paint time. GD also has 900+ units sitting in their yard waiting for parts.

I would say you should order your 397TH no later than mid December for a May 1 delivery.
    Thanks for the info!

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast