User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LA5ver

Furrion Digital Wireless Camera System

Just finished installing the Furrion Digital Wireless Camera System (FRC12TA-BL) on my 317RST. It took longer to get the ladder out of the shed than it did to install the camera. The video came up as soon as I turned on the monitor. No configuration was required. The view from the camera looked very good in broad daylight but I will have to try it this evening to see how it works after dark. It appears that the power to the camera in on whether the marker lights are on or not so I don't know if there is a way to turn the camera off without using the battery disconnect switch. The cheapest place I found the camera was at "Trailer World Denver" (303)-329-3006 www.trailerworlddenver.com for $325.00 plus $18.00 shipping and $24.86 tax. It was delivered in 2 days.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've been eager to hear a review from someone who bought it. I'll wait to hear how it is at night. How big is the screen? $350 isn't as bad as I expected.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since our 2014 wasn't prewired for a camera, I'm considering purchasing a Garmin 760LMT GPS with camera capability. Has anyone used one of these before?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,

A bit of a long answer to a short question . . .

We have the Garmin RV760LMT. A great nav system with lifetime map updates included and lots of useful built in features. I have one Garmin B20 backup camera on the back of the truck (installed and working great) and another for the back of the RV (not installed yet).

The camera is definitely a "back up" camera with a wide angle lens but not much depth of field. It does have adjustable distance bars that can also be turned off. The transmitter box is separate from the camera and is the unit that needs 12V power. On the truck, I have this mounted in the space behind a rear tail light and it transmits through several layers of metal to the dash mounted nav screen with never a hiccup.

Garmin cautions that from the back of an RV to the dash of the truck might be too far for reliable wireless transmission. They sell a 50 ft camera extension cable. My plan is to hardwire the camera on the back of the RV to the transmitter in the front storage compartment. Easy to power the transmitter here, and direct "line of sight" to the nav screen. I would like to have the camera up high, but with its limited depth of field and no easy way to run the wire, a bumper mount (like I have on the truck) may suffice. Certainly sufficient (maybe even better?) for backing up and quite capable of finding the tailgaters siting back there on the highway.

I power my truck mounted cam from a plug into the trailer power connection. When I hook up to the trailer and switch this plug for the trailer plug, this will switch power from the truck cam to the trailer cam. According to Garmin, I may have to "pair" to the different camera each time, but there is a button on the nav screen base for this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

infinity06
    thanks for the post - i am also looking at the backup camera as the clearances to get in and out of my driveway are about 2 feet on each side.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to have that much space. Try Lee's than a foot on one side and just over a foot on the other. Oh did I tell you the smaller side also has the gas and electric meters for the house.
    Paul & Jodi
    2014 RAM 3500 CC LB 4x4
    2015 Solitude 375RE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NawDew

furion camera on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LA5ver View Post
    Just finished installing the Furrion Digital Wireless Camera System (FRC12TA-BL) on my 317RST. It took longer to get the ladder out of the shed than it did to install the camera. The video came up as soon as I turned on the monitor. No configuration was required. The view from the camera looked very good in broad daylight but I will have to try it this evening to see how it works after dark. It appears that the power to the camera in on whether the marker lights are on or not so I don't know if there is a way to turn the camera off without using the battery disconnect switch. The cheapest place I found the camera was at "Trailer World Denver" (303)-329-3006 www.trailerworlddenver.com for $325.00 plus $18.00 shipping and $24.86 tax. It was delivered in 2 days.
    i just installed a fusion on my solitude prewired. the blue light is on the camera full time, even when i turn the battery disconnect off. what did you do to turn yours off?

NawDew
    i just installed a fusion on my solitude prewired. the blue light is on the camera full time, even when i turn the battery disconnect off. what did you do to turn yours off?

campusa
    I have a momentum and I had to find a orange colored wire near the battery that has a fuse inline and pull the fuse, otherwise the camera will remain on even with the battery switch off. I have since installed a on/off switch for it so I don't have to mess with he fuse. I read about the condition and remedy on this forum so you should be able to find some photos of the above mentioned wire if you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if this will help with the power switching for the rear camera mounts but on my 27RL the fuse that indicates "Rear Overhead" in the main panel also supplies power to the camera. I just installed a hide-a-way switch for this fuse so I don't have to pull it when I am stationary and don't need the rear overhead interior lights.
    Mike and Margarete
    2016 27RL
    2020 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast