Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from the Lone Star State!

Hey y'all, newbie here! I live here in San Antonio, TX. Just picked up our 2020 Grand Design Momentum 29G Toy Hauler. This is our 1st travel trailer, and still learning so many things. We will be taking it out for the 1st time, this upcoming labor day weekend. Looking forward to the trip. Looking forward to gain some great knowledge here, and meet some fello RVer's!
    2008 Ford F250 SRW
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 29G Toy Hauler

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome fellow San Antonian!!! Great site here and great people always willing to help. Enjoy the new rig and hopefully it will cool down some. I just booked a week in October for Sam Houston Nat'l forest north of Houston.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krisg11 View Post
    Hey y'all, newbie here! I live here in San Antonio, TX. Just picked up our 2020 Grand Design Momentum 29G Toy Hauler. This is our 1st travel trailer, and still learning so many things. We will be taking it out for the 1st time, this upcoming labor day weekend. Looking forward to the trip. Looking forward to gain some great knowledge here, and meet some fello RVer's!
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Spent a little time at the River Walk some years back and enjoyed it.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Austin.

After Labor Day the beaches in Port A should be open, use that toy hauler to take the golf cart to the beach. Warm (not hot) weather and great beaches.

Your post didn't say if you have kiddos, but if you do then the Jellystone RV Park in Kerrville allows personal golf carts and is a fun place for family fun.

Enjoy your Grand Design, I hope you have as much fun as we have had with ours.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Georgia.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Welcome fellow San Antonian!!! Great site here and great people always willing to help. Enjoy the new rig and hopefully it will cool down some. I just booked a week in October for Sam Houston Nat'l forest north of Houston.
    Thank you Txfivver! That's great to hear, I'm all open to the help, being that I'm new to the RVing life. And that's awesome, I'd defiantly have to check that Nat'l forest out!
    2008 Ford F250 SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Spent a little time at the River Walk some years back and enjoyed it.
    Thank you Tigger1! Yes, nice place to visit when coming to San Antonio, and a good Margarita too!
    2008 Ford F250 SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    Welcome from Austin.

After Labor Day the beaches in Port A should be open, use that toy hauler to take the golf cart to the beach. Warm (not hot) weather and great beaches.

Your post didn't say if you have kiddos, but if you do then the Jellystone RV Park in Kerrville allows personal golf carts and is a fun place for family fun.

Enjoy your Grand Design, I hope you have as much fun as we have had with ours.

AustexGP, that's where we are actually taking it for that Labor Day weekend! I read that Port A, is supposed to open a few beach access roads, and have 500ft in each direction, available for you to drive on, due to the parking jams that people were creating. I guess we'll see how it is in a few weeks! We are going to stay at: On the Beach RV Park.

And no kiddos yet, but I do have some nieces that I bet would love to go check out the Jellystone park. Will deff have to keep that one on the list to take my nieces! Cant wait to start taking the trailer out, and enjoying it!
    2008 Ford F250 SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Cannon07! I was out there in Georgia a few years ago, working at Warner Robins. I went to Savannah while I was there, it was a nice place to check out!
    2008 Ford F250 SRW