User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Kelli Travels

Deposit Down on Solitude 366DEN!!! PDI advice please...

Hi! New to the forum! We put a deposit down on a Solitude 366DEN today and are super excited/nervous! We bought out of state which is making me a bit anxious, plus this is our first RV. I would appreciate any advice regarding the PDI. We won't be there for it (although we will get a thorough walk-through upon delivery). Are there any specific bugs/issues in Grand Design products or this specific model that we should ask for them to double and triple check before delivery? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Grand Design family!! We purchased our new Solitude 369RL in December then put it into storage. We have scheduled the delivery walk-through and requested a 2 hour window to complete the inspection. We specifically scheduled on a Monday (they only perform walk-throughs M-F) so they get the coach for the balance of the week to fix the little things we find. I have supplied the my inspection sheet to the dealer so they know exactly what I will be looking at during the walk-through. My requirement is the unit will be fully enclosed upon arrival, we start top to bottom, front to back on the outside before the unit gets leveled or slides out.

The interior is done room by room starting at the front moving to the back. Everything will be tested for operation before signing their inspection sheet. The dealer knows I will nit pick the inspection but I have prepared them before my arrival.

Good luck!!
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Kelli and congratulations on your new Solitude!

One of our forum members suggests videoing the PDI and Walk-thru so you can revisit the experience anytime you have questions about a particular system and its operation. Also, ask plenty of questions and don't be shy about having the Tech repeat showing you how things work and function.

Remember, you're spending a lot of money on this coach, so don't leave the lot until you are satisfied you guys know how everything works and that everything works like it should.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a good start for an inspection checklist.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenav...PDI_V113_2.pdf
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to our family! Don't worry, be happy!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Kelli Travels
    We won't be there for the PDI - it's out of state. The sales manager will be riding out with the delivery guy to do a "show out" - but the PDI will be done on their lot without us. I have asked my cousin that lives there to go do the PDI for me for some peace of mind and then they can face time me if needed. I'll see if they can videotape it for me too maybe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Travels View Post
    We won't be there for the PDI - it's out of state. The sales manager will be riding out with the delivery guy to do a "show out" - but the PDI will be done on their lot without us. I have asked my cousin that lives there to go do the PDI for me for some peace of mind and then they can face time me if needed. I'll see if they can videotape it for me too maybe.
    Kelli we are people that videoed with our ipad. Can't tell you how many times in the first couple of trips we referred back to that video. There are a lot of systems on our GD units and boy do you forget what they told you! Especially if you aren't going to be there I would really try and get a video in someones hands!
    Congrats and welcome to the family! Let us know how your first trip goes!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016