User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are looking for WIFI, may I suggest you look at joining FMCA. They have two plans, Verizon and Sprint/T-Mobile. Both run $49.95 (+tax) per month. You purchase a MIFI 8800 on the plan (was 1 cent when we set it up) and a one time charge of $49.95 for the Sprint/T-Mobile modem. I use Verizon which is 25GB/month unlimited (subject to network slowing after 25GB). We haven't really seen slowing after passing 25GB. My understanding is the Sprint/T-Mobile plan is unlimited.

Something to consider....Verizon has better network coverage, especially out west but my understanding is Sprint/T-Mobile is improving coverage rapidly. Also be aware these are cell coverage devices and you can (and will) run into areas with poor or no coverage, just like your phone(s).
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbaber View Post
    If you have a late model GM truck with WiFi then you can purchase unlimited and secure data plan from AT&T for less than 30.00 a month. I have On-Star on my 2018 GMC and AT&T data plan is 20.00 a month. If I park close enough to my 5th wheel I can use internet from truck. This WiFi plan may be available on Ford & Ram as well, I just know about GM trucks. Also, most of the time WiFi is faster then at most RV Parks and secure.
    Doesn't cut out after a certain time that the truck isn't running?
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello Folks!

AT&T is our cell provider,, for DW and my iPhones. I am in the old grandfathered plan, so I dont want to leave it. Based on many comments here, I am considering Verizon to supplement my AT&T Service. I should note, I called AT&T a couple weeks ago and asked them to provide our cell phones with hotspots. I purchased 30G plan for each phone. Thinking I'd use mine then when its expired, pick up on DW's. Not sure if this is exactly how this stuff works, but that was my thinking.

We just returned from obtaining our trailer. We encountered very spotty internet / cell service in Oregon, near Crater Lake. As a result, I figured I'd look at Verizon as a back up. I know very little about the tech stuff - so this is where I may need your help!!

I was going to purchase Verizon's Jetpack® MiFi® 8800L, then add one of their "Unlimited" Plans. In researching them - I could end up paying $150.00/mo. YOWZERS!!!

I hear a lot about Visible and their affordable Plans!! I started a chat with some guy and he'd never heard of a Mobile Hotspot, nor a jetpack???? How could that be?? He was trying to sell me another phone, and use that as the hotspot, which I don't want or need (I think??) Our AT&T iPhones had the hot spots activated, due I really need to buy more phones from Verizon or Vision to get a Verizon hotspot??

Guess I need some education. Can anyone clarify this stuff??

Thanks!
    Steve
    I have Verizon for all my phones (4: DW, Me, two College-age Sons) with unlimited talk and text. I upgraded plan for each phone so they have 75GB Hotspots. I also added the Verizon MiFi 8800L Jetpack with 15GB for $9.99 a month. For 4 phones and Jetpack I spend $261 per month. But this gets us 75+75+75+75+15GB of hotspot data for internet access, streaming or watching movies. FYI, the 15GB of the Jetpack doesn't go very far when watching Netflix movies in 4K. So you have to adjust your Netflix viewing parameters. Typically it is just my wife and I traveling, so the 165GB of data for Wifi is plenty as long as you're careful.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Coble View Post
    I have Verizon for all my phones (4: DW, Me, two College-age Sons) with unlimited talk and text. I upgraded plan for each phone so they have 75GB Hotspots. I also added the Verizon MiFi 8800L Jetpack with 15GB for $9.99 a month. For 4 phones and Jetpack I spend $261 per month. But this gets us 75+75+75+75+15GB of hotspot data for internet access, streaming or watching movies. FYI, the 15GB of the Jetpack doesn't go very far when watching Netflix movies in 4K. So you have to adjust your Netflix viewing parameters. Typically it is just my wife and I traveling, so the 165GB of data for Wifi is plenty as long as you're careful.
    75+75+75+75+15 is 315 not 165.

: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably wasn't very clear....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    75+75+75+75+15 is 315 not 165.

: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear. My ending statement that referenced the 165GB was..."Typically it is just my wife and I traveling, so the 165GB of data for Wifi is plenty as long as you're careful". So what I meant by this was....since it is typically only my wife and I traveling, that would leave us with 75GB (Me) + 75GB (DW) + 15GB (Verizon Jetpack) = 165GB in total for just these 3 devices. When either of our son's travel with us, this gives us another 75GB for each extra device.

:-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12