User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run my Sailun's at 90 PSI on our Reflection 28bh. I've towed with them over 13k mi now these past 2.5 years and had zero issues. They still look new and have plenty of tread. I suspect the tires will either time out or I'll be replacing the trailer before they wear out.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be argumentative but just FYI. I've probably got close to 4K miles on ours at mostly 80 psi, tire wear is excellent, they still look new. Reasoning was to reduce the bounce on the trailer vs running at 100 psi. I started out running them at full pressure but after going down to 80 psi I could really tell the difference on rough roads with less stuff getting tossed around inside. I got the info off of a chart that I think Sailun provided of tire pressure versus load, typically something I would save but sorry, I can't find it in my file.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached thread with Paul's post #21 with a document of inflation pressure vs load from Sailun. I suspect the chart is still relevant but one may want to follow up with Sailun to verify.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ailun+pressure

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm replacing my Goodyear G614RST- LT235/85R16 with the same Goodyear's. My thought is you get what you pay for. Little over 25,000 on my Goodyear's and still look and wearing great! Now the age is the issue. This is just me.
    I also checked with Lionshead's tech to be sure the wheel was rated for the G rated tire pressure before dealer changed my tires from E rated to G rated when I purchased my 337RLS. Along with changing the valve to a bolt in metal valve stem for the higher pressure.
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question About Sailun Tires

Quote Originally Posted by st2rv View Post
    I'm replacing my Goodyear G614RST- LT235/85R16 with the same Goodyear's. My thought is you get what you pay for. Little over 25,000 on my Goodyear's and still look and wearing great! Now the age is the issue. This is just me.
    I also checked with Lionshead's tech to be sure the wheel was rated for the G rated tire pressure before dealer changed my tires from E rated to G rated when I purchased my 337RLS. Along with changing the valve to a bolt in metal valve stem for the higher pressure.
    I have looked through my paperwork and on the wheel itself. How do i tell if my lionshead wheel is rated at G when I change out my westlakes E’s for Goodyear G’s? How do i know what to look at on the lionshead website to determine which wheel i have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called the manufacturer of Lionshead wheels and asked if the wheels are rated to the pressure of F rated tires, and was told indeed they are rated to that kind of pressure. To satisfy yourself I recommend you call them yourself. One thing they noted was it is a requirement that metal valve stems be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    I have looked through my paperwork and on the wheel itself. How do i tell if my lionshead wheel is rated at G when I change out my westlakes E’s for Goodyear G’s? How do i know what to look at on the lionshead website to determine which wheel i have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my sailun S637T through Walmart about six months ago for 145.00 dollars each free delivery to my home and I love them they are twice the weight of the westlakes I had on my momentum toyhauler very heavy duty tire

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought mine last year online from Walmart. They were actually shipped from Simpletire in Ohio. I put them in my shopping cart on walmart.com and waited to order them. The price was $124 each but dropped to $116 I guess to encourage me to complete the order. I had them in 2 days and the manufacture date was only about 3 months old

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have put about 6k miles on my Sailuns so far with my Solitude, they are awesome. Still look new. I suspect they will hit around 30k miles/5 years around the same time, will probably replace when which ever hits first.

Just a note, the S637 ST is the trailer tire (at least as of mid 2019 when I got mine) and comes in 2 sizes, 235/80r16 and 235/85r16. (4080 and 4400 ratings respectively, both at 110 PSI). I suspect the ST has a different sidewall construction making it more suitable for the shear pressures a trailer tire undergoes when turning.

Got mine off simple tire $165 a piece last June (before a 12% discount they were running). I have 6 tires total (4 in use and 2 spares).

When these tires do expire, I do plan to upgrade to a 17.5" wheel and get some H or J rated tires. Will likely go Sailun S637 again when that time comes.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking online the tires are currently showing $173 each on Walmart.com. A local dealer here quoted me $197 ea mounted, balanced , out the door with tax on 5 tires yesterday.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast