Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tag Mounting

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tag Mounting

Just purchased 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE. Got my tag today but not sure of best way to install. The bracket is attached to the Tag Light and is flush with the siding. Looks like whatever I use will scratch the siding? Do all Grand Design TT's have this mount? I found a couple of references indicating some type of mounting hardware came with their trailer. See Pic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1031.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	28692

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martybhawk View Post
    Just purchased 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE. Got my tag today but not sure of best way to install. The bracket is attached to the Tag Light and is flush with the siding. Looks like whatever I use will scratch the siding? Do all Grand Design TT's have this mount? I found a couple of references indicating some type of mounting hardware came with their trailer. See Pic.
    These use flat nuts that come with the Optronics license plate holder/light.
    Optronics Hardware Kit # LP52HP - https://www.etrailer.com/question-393701.html

Maybe the dealer has them.
    Last edited by gbkims; 08-11-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just placed a short bolt facing outward in the bracket and used a nut to hold the plate on.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I just placed a short bolt facing outward in the bracket and used a nut to hold the plate on.
    A round head carriage bolt so you don't need a hold back to tighten the nuts.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the bag that all your manuals and paperwork came in. Mine had a very small baggie inside with the brass/bronze colored hardware. It is two small bolts and two rectangular flat nuts. I was using zip ties before I realized that is what they were for.

ETA - if you go to this thread the baggie labeled #2 in the picture in the first post. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...pieces-are-for
    Last edited by MemphisRebel82; 08-19-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Matt & Michelle
    Tennessee
    2021 Imagine 3250BH
    2020 Ford F250 6.7L