User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Road? Must be Michigan

Traveling down IH 69 on the west side on Lansing, Michigan we ran into a really rough patch of road. Seemed there was a seam in the uneven pavement every 8 feet. After we cleared Lansing, we stopped for gas and checked the trailer. Wife noticed the bathroom drawer was not like it should be. I pulled the drawer to find the drawer slides were catawampus. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6339.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	28695 The slide mounts were stapled to scrap wood and loose.

Oh well, realigned the mounts, added screws (not staples) and she was back in business.

Previously, I thought the stretch of US Hwy 12/23 south of Dundee, MI was the roughest road we'd traveled in 20,000 miles. I was wrong. Gee, I thought the governor of Michigan ran on a platform of "fix the darn roads?"

What's the worst road you have towed on?
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    US 23 and I-69 where you mentioned are the worst I know of as well. I have to travel through that stretch of I-69 often and cringe every time.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    Traveling down IH 69 on the west side on Lansing, Michigan we ran into a really rough patch of road. Seemed there was a seam in the uneven pavement every 8 feet. After we cleared Lansing, we stopped for gas and checked the trailer. Wife noticed the bathroom drawer was not like it should be. I pulled the drawer to find the drawer slides were catawampus. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6339.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	28695 The slide mounts were stapled to scrap wood and loose.

Oh well, realigned the mounts, added screws (not staples) and she was back in business.

Previously, I thought the stretch of US Hwy 12/23 south of Dundee, MI was the roughest road we'd traveled in 20,000 miles. I was wrong. Gee, I thought the governor of Michigan ran on a platform of "fix the darn roads?"

Well, the stretch on I5 through Sacramento was pretty bad (you'd think through the state capital they'd keep the road up better, right?). But, the worst road we've traveled was Hwy 2 from Tetlin Junction in Alaska to Hwy 1 in Yukon Territory. Permafrost really messes up the roads up there.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We avoid that stretch of 69 if at all possible. Prefer to take 127 even if it is a little bit out of the way. We also don't take 75 south of Detroit and we live close to 75. Those 2 stretches are the worst ! Will drive to 23 and add slightly over 10 min to get out of MI going south.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-13-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    A little more than two years ago, I-70 eastbound southeast of Indianapolis, IN. A 70 mph highway with unremitting potholes for at least 20 miles and a dozen or more of them were - no exaggeration - between two and three feet across and six to ten inches deep. Full speed limit on the highway, not posted, no warnings.

I hit one at full speed, still can't believe that truck and trailer came through it without damage.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    A little more than two years ago, I-70 eastbound southeast of Indianapolis, IN. A 70 mph highway with unremitting potholes for at least 20 miles and a dozen or more of them were - no exaggeration - between two and three feet across and six to ten inches deep. Full speed limit on the highway, not posted, no warnings.

I hit one at full speed, still can't believe that truck and trailer came through it without damage.
    I have been told that the Indiana has been called the "moon state," because of all the craters in the roads.

After our first trip to Michigan we upgraded to CRE 3000, higher rated springs, and had the spring hangers reinforced. Due to our Grandson, we will be visiting Michigan at least annually for the foreseeable future.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><