User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

351M dump valves

I Have a 2020 351M. Am curious to hear from other 2020 351M owners regarding how many gray tank dump valves you have? I have just one located at the nautilus panel. What prompts my question is a recent discussion with GD customer service about tank capacities and a DWV plan schematic (351M dated 4-17-17) sent to me from GD that shows a second gray tank dump valve specific for the kitchen sink. GD insists I should have two valves and suggests I take to dealer to rip apart under belly and investigate. I've used my rig enough to know kitchen sink, shower, and master bath sink all drain through the one gray dump valve I have. While my one control panel level monitor has a gray 1 and gray 2, only the gray 1 ever registers and is definitely driven by all three (kitchen sink, shower, master sink) sources. I'm thinking kitchen sink drain may be plumbed directly to the gray tank for the master bath or gray tank for kitchen sink is plumbed into master bath gray tank. I've said to myself on several trips that the gray tank sure does fill up fast. I'm going to measure my gray capacity and see if I have 75 gallons or 37 gallons.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to believe the bathroom sink, shower and kitchen sink are supposed to goto one tank. I don't have a 351, but my bathroom and kitchen sink layout is similar to a 351. I have 1 black handle and 2 gray handles in the Nautilus panel area. Physically my 2 gray tanks are stacked on top of each other and I could see how they could easily make that plumbing mistake during the build, but where is the second handle?

I would def pull part of the coroplast down to investigate, especially if you are missing half your gray water capacity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 2 handles, 1 black and 1 gray tank at the Nautilus panel. That gray covers shower, bathroom sink, and kitchen sink.

Behind the rear wheel on the street side, there's a black handle. This handle is for the rear black tank which handles the rear toilet, sink, and washer.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 351M is plumbed the same as offtohavasu.

1 - gray handle
    1 - black handle
    in front

1 - black handle behind rear axle on driver side.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
    2018 351M Momentum Toy Hauler
    2015 Can Am Turbo Maverick - sold
    2019 Can Am X3 XRS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 here. front/1 gry 1 blk, rear/1blk.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the responses. Turns out as stated in other posts, I have 3 - 52 gallon waste tanks. One is dedicated gray for shower, MB sink, and kitchen sink. Must have got a greenhorn GD CS rep that fed me several pieces of bad info. and got me all worked up and on a goose chase. He actually sent me a schematic that said 351M and showed 4 waste tanks. So in the end I'm not missing a gray valve. Moral of story.... Don't believe everything your told..... even from the supposed authority.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who has had the thought " man, this grey tank is filling up fast."
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2019 F350 XLT SRW, crew cab, long bed, diesel
    1999 Harley Softail Custom
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new 381M which is fairly similar to the 351.

Are you guys saying that you have just one gray tank that is 78 gallons?

I don’t have too much use in mine yet but it seems the front kitchen, shower, and bathroom sink fill up the gray tank, quite fast if it’s 78 gallons.

I have my parents and little brother in it now (due to all the fires in Oregon) and they filled up the gray tank in less than 3 days. Really made me think its 39 gallons in that tank.

Similar to you guys, I have 1-black and 1-grey dump valve in nautilus panel, and 1-black dump valve near rear axle.

I haven’t used the rear toilet or sink yet though.

But looking at this schematic GD sent me, it looks like there should be two black tanks and one Grey tank. Which means that each black tank should be 39 gallons each and the gray tank should be 78 gallons.

I’m assuming the HT (holding tanks) with sprayer is the black tanks, and the standard HT is the grey tank.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	29479
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    I have a new 381M which is fairly similar to the 351.

Are you guys saying that you have just one gray tank that is 78 gallons?

I don’t have too much use in mine yet but it seems the front kitchen, shower, and bathroom sink fill up the gray tank, quite fast if it’s 78 gallons.

I have my parents and little brother in it now (due to all the fires in Oregon) and they filled up the gray tank in less than 3 days. Really made me think its 39 gallons in that tank.

Similar to you guys, I have 1-black and 1-grey dump valve in nautilus panel, and 1-black dump valve near rear axle.

I haven’t used the rear toilet or sink yet though.

But looking at this schematic GD sent me, it looks like there should be two black tanks and one Grey tank. Which means that each black tank should be 39 gallons each and the gray tank should be 78 gallons.

I’m assuming the HT (holding tanks) with sprayer is the black tanks, and the standard HT is the grey tank.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	29479
    The (3) waste tanks are all 52 gal each.
    There is only 1 gray tank (52 gal), the kitchen sink, shower & main bath sink all go into it.
    The main bath toilet goes into black tank #1 (52 gal)
    The rear half bath, toilet and sink as well as the WD drain all go into the rear "Black" tank #2

Grand Design comes up with the 78 gal gray & 78 gal black numbers on the specs by dividing the rear black/gray 52 gal tank in half (26 gal of each) and adding that to the front gray/black capacities, 52 + 26 = 78
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    The (3) waste tanks are all 52 gal each.
    There is only 1 gray tank (52 gal), the kitchen sink, shower & main bath sink all go into it.
    The main bath toilet goes into black tank #1 (52 gal)
    The rear half bath, toilet and sink as well as the WD drain all go into the rear "Black" tank #2

Grand Design comes up with the 78 gal gray & 78 gal black numbers on the specs by dividing the rear black/gray 52 gal tank in half (26 gal of each) and adding that to the front gray/black capacities, 52 + 26 = 78
    Thank you! That makes sense after you explained it! Also will help me when managing waste water of sorts.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge