User Tag List

Thread: What?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?

Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods is among the first law enforcement officials to outright ban masks for his deputies and visitors to the sheriff’s office, the Washington Post reported.

The decision comes as Florida reported a record 276 new Covid-19 deaths Tuesday, bringing the total number of Covid-19 deaths in Florida to 8,553.

Marion County and its largest city, Ocala, are debating a mandatory mask rule. The Ocala City Council passed an emergency mask order last week, but xxxxxxxxxxx Mayor Kent Guinn vetoed it.

Woods told his deputies on Tuesday that officers can still wear masks in some areas, including the courthouse and county jail. However, they must immediately remove the face coverings afterward, Woods said in an email to the department shared with the Washington Post. —Melodie Warner
    Last edited by traveldawg; 08-12-2020 at 04:43 PM. Reason: moderator edited out political affiliation info in order to be politically neutral and still allow thread to continue.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Wicked ace, are you posting to the correct boards?
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, what does this have to do with Grand Design? I think most of us are capable of reading or listening to the news.....
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    Again, what does this have to do with Grand Design? I think most of us are capable of reading or listening to the news.....
    It was posted in the Covid-19 discussion section of the forum. As an older Floridian with underlying health issues I think this information helpful.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'll dodge getting a nasty cold or flu any chance I get. I've always wondered WTH gave government officials power to tell people to or not to protect themselves. That said, I have a science background and spent 10 years in a scientific role in a vaccine company before moving on to consulting roles. The knowledge that goes with that is why I freaked out and started prepping before the disease was known to be in the U.S.

Anyway, what I can tell you is this: if the R0 of this coronavirus strain was what was claimed, I think it would have already spread through about half the population in spite of the lockdowns--those were too little and too late, as were the actions to require masks. Not factoring the folks who leave their noses hang out, a cloth mask is far from adequate protection from an airborne virus. If the mortality rate was also what was claimed, each person would likely personally know someone that was lost to this.

My point is that I've stopped freaking out over this stuff. I don't want to get it, but I've no illusions that a face covering will do much for me. That's why I picked up a box of N-95s and a respirator with N-100 cartridges when this disease was still thought to be only in China...
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Personally I'll dodge getting a nasty cold or flu any chance I get. I've always wondered WTH gave government officials power to tell people to or not to protect themselves. That said, I have a science background and spent 10 years in a scientific role in a vaccine company before moving on to consulting roles. The knowledge that goes with that is why I freaked out and started prepping before the disease was known to be in the U.S.

Anyway, what I can tell you is this: if the R0 of this coronavirus strain was what was claimed, I think it would have already spread through about half the population in spite of the lockdowns--those were too little and too late, as were the actions to require masks. Not factoring the folks who leave their noses hang out, a cloth mask is far from adequate protection from an airborne virus. If the mortality rate was also what was claimed, each person would likely personally know someone that was lost to this.

My point is that I've stopped freaking out over this stuff. I don't want to get it, but I've no illusions that a face covering will do much for me. That's why I picked up a box of N-95s and a respirator with N-100 cartridges when this disease was still thought to be only in China...

There are so many lies and mistakes from everybody it is impossible to know who or what to believe.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/