User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from a potential future Momentum 397TH owner!

Hi all,
    I've been planning to move into an RV full time for a while now (starting dreaming in 2011, starting actually planning about 6 months ago.) It will be me (45 y/o woman) and my mom (72 y/o) and we love the Momentum 397TH. It seems like it's got exactly what we are looking for. We'll use the toy box as my mom's bedroom. I've been in tons of RVs, but never a Grand Design. Going to check one out this weekend, and I'm super excited. Our "pull the trigger" timeline is sometime between March - June of 2021.

I work remotely and my mom is retired, so we have lots of flexibility, but I imagine we'll stay most around Oregon (we are currently in Portland) with perhaps a couple bigger trips/year. Plan on eventually adding enough solar so that we can boondock for a couple weeks at a time, but will rely on campgrounds until we hit that point. While neither of us has ever lived in an RV before, we've lived together in small houses and apartments for the past 10 years, progressively and intentionally downsizing with each move, so I'm pretty sure we we'll be okay.

I've seen a couple slightly used 397TH models for sale and I think I'm leaning towards one that is about 2-3 years old, but it will all come down to whether or not certain features are available. I'm not against buying new if that's what we need to do. We'll also be trading in my car for a new tow vehicle, most likely an F350 dually.

I've already learned a ton from reading through these forums and finding great videos on YouTube. Looking forward to getting more of your insight in the coming months! I'd especially love to hear from any full timers in the Momentum toy haulers!

Thanks!
    Jill

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this member is still active, but he had a 399 for sale that I believe had two queen or maybe king beds in the garage. He might be able to help you. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/memb...802-alanhenson
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)