User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Evergreen State new owners

We pick up our 21BHE on Monday, and plan to go out on a one night "shakedown" trip to learn all the ins and outs of our new home away from home. Most of the time it will just be the two of us with our three little "fur-kids", but since we have 4 grandkids that we want to take with us from time to time, we got the bunkhouse specifically for that reason. Excited to try out the new "toy". I already have a couple of questions. Has anyone ever installed a cargo net across the opening to the storage under the bunk? If so, where did you get it? Also, the floor layout plan clearly shows a mirror or something shaped like one on the back above the murphy bed, but there is nothing like that in our trailer. I also found a video (somewhere online...just can't remember where) showing a mirror there. Is this something that should be there, or does anyone know where to get one and how to properly install it?

Looking forward to a little longer trip the next week, and then a good trip through several states to visit friends we seldom see. We have had a tent-trailer, a motorhome, an A-frame pup-up, an R-Pod and a couple of Kustom trailers in the past, but this one seems to be the best quality RV we have seen. Anxious to see if what we bought is what we think we got. (Quality and comfort)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the bunks for storage and don't have a net but have never had anything bounce out of the bunk. Our 2020 21bhe has a cloth covered panel at the head of the bed but no mirror. You'll probably want a gel memory foam topper for the mattress. We like a really firm mattress but it was too firm even for us. Bought a 2.5" topper from amazon and it made a huge difference.

You'll probably want to get rid of the factory spring shackle bolts and replace with wet bolts and bronze bushings. Mine were worn quite a bit after only 1600 miles. I've also replaced the equalizers with Morryde cre3000. Haven't been able to use it yet since that was done this spring so we'll see.

I'd recommend getting an infrared thermometer to check hub temps. I've am still fighting high temps after a year. In fact it's at the dealer again to hopefully finally getting it straightened out before my warranty is up in a few days. I also kept telling them the brakes didn't feel right and was told they had to seat in and would take about 500 miles. Finally discovered the rear axle brakes weren't connected and weren't working at all.

Really like the layout but haven't been thrilled with overall quality. Just frustrated to still be fighting hub temps after a year.