User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Does your truck have the technology package?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I don’t recall that as one of the options. How would I know?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How exactly does the GM camera mount? Is it double sided sticky stuff? And some tips on running the wire around on the back of the trailer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. Since my trailer is over 32 ft. And can’t use the transparent trailer feature, I’m thinking I might as well mount it up high so I don’t have a wire running across the middle of the back of the rig. Up high I could follow the roof line to the ladder then down the ladder and under the trailer to the front. Has anyone tried this? Results?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that have a 22MLS, here is how I mounted the Chevy Camera. Ran a 3/4" flex conduit the length of the trailer. Removed the cable from the camera and using a fish tape, I pulled it the length of the flex I mounted the Camera to some 2x1 aluminum rectangular tubing and mounted it with u-bolts to the spare tire carrier. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera-1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	33020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera-2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	33021
    Last edited by Refclown; 03-28-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice set-up!!! I may be doing something very similar :-)
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was about the only way that I could mount it (per Chevy location directions), without drilling holes thru the trail wall...which I was NOT going to do. If you have any questions, just let me know

Roger
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup I definitely do not wanna drill thru the wall. I was thinking of cutting a wood block and mouthing that to the rear with VHB tape then mounting the camera to the block. Haven't had time to really mess with it but once I do, I will post pics as well!!!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    yup I definitely do not wanna drill thru the wall. I was thinking of cutting a wood block and mouthing that to the rear with VHB tape then mounting the camera to the block. Haven't had time to really mess with it but once I do, I will post pics as well!!!
    Not sure I would do that. I think it needs a more stable way to mount it. I would try (like I did) to figure out how to make a bracket to mount the camera too. I used aluminum rectangular tubing, easy to work with and bolt thru.. Just my thoughts
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmn74 View Post
    I think for the fold down door on the 351M you're going to have to bring the wire up from underneath. The instructions with the camera have you mount it around chest height, but that is for the transparent trailer view, which does not work for a 5th wheel trailer. I was able to tuck the wire up under the plastic sheeting along the frame rail all the way to the front of the trailer, and it turned out nice. Better than running the cable across the roof and then down the front of the trailer somehow.
    What plastic sheeting are you referring to? I'm picking up a Reflection 31MB in a couple weeks and if you had some pics that would really help. Trying to avoid hideous black cord running down the rear of the rig.
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDog View Post
    What plastic sheeting are you referring to? I'm picking up a Reflection 31MB in a couple weeks and if you had some pics that would really help. Trying to avoid hideous black cord running down the rear of the rig.
    I had thought about running mine under the plastic sheathing (that encloses the whole bottom of the trailer) but I did not want to try and fish it thru there. I was able to easily run a 3/4" piece of flex conduit the full length and fastening it in place with 3/4" conduit c-clamps and using the existing mounting screws that hold the sheathing in place. Pretty easy to install that part. I was able to unplug the camera from the cable (once you open the camera housing, there is a plug that can be removed from the camera). Its easily pulled thru the conduit with a pull tape.
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast