User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. I'm having problems getting my camera to display an image. I have an appointment with the GMC dealer later this week to troubleshoot...i have to drag my trailer down there, what a hassle! i think I'm going to mount mine up above the garage door, run the wire down the inside of the back corner, drill thru the floor, then run it under the trailer, up the front. the conduit is a great idea, thanks!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I’m sure you know, the camera will not work unless the 7 pin connector is connected to the trailer. I backed up to the trailer, plugged in the 7 pin and the camera to test before I mounted.

Also, the dealer should have something to plug in where the trailer plugs in to simulate a trailer connected. So maybe you won’t need to take your trailer to the dealer just to troubleshoot the camera system.

Also note that the menu selection for the trailer cameras on the second listing of camera views. You have to touch the arrow left of the camera view icons to get to the trailer buttons. You probably know this too but just being ocd about it. Hope things get working.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thanks FlyStar.
    just got back from the dealer. They tried the simulator plug on my 1st visit, didn't work. Yes, I was aware of the connection requirement and the screen functionality, i appreciate your consideration though.
    After an hour of troubleshooting, the tech found that the coax jack was not properly seated to the wiring connection under the bumper...problem solved.
    Now, I just need to figure out how to get the thing mounted, and wire ran up to the truck! Maybe his weekend, if the final four doesn't take all my attention Saturday! Go Zags! (we're from Spokane)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

Just ordered the camera. I’ve got the Denali 2500HD with the display in the rear view mirror. Anyone know if the invisible trailer can work through that instead of the infotainment screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I have not been able to get the image on the mirror display. Tried a few times but no joy. Image on infotainment screen is great. Please post progress here as that would be great. Display on the mirror freeing up the big screen for Nav and other stuff.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the NAV part was what was holding me back a bit. Now found out that my trailer is 33’ and the max size they support is 32’. Yeehaw.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. The 32 foot limit is for the magical “transparent trailer” view. My trailer is 37 feet. The camera works great mounted near the roof. I don’t get the transparent view but all of the other views work fantastic. When in traffic I just display the rear view and use google nav on my phone. Works for me. I Kind of prefer google maps over GM Onstar for navigation anyway.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on the onboard Nav front! We use Google maps / Apple Maps through CarPlay.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there's hope that I'll be able to use transparent camera by just telling the system it's only 32' instead of 33' -- https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...arent-trailer/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenike View Post
    Well, there's hope that I'll be able to use transparent camera by just telling the system it's only 32' instead of 33' -- https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...arent-trailer/
    I've heard people in other forums just put in the 32' and it works.

I haven't bit the bullet on buying the camera yet. It's gonna happen soon. I hate that I'll need to run a cable on a camera ready trailer but oh well.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast