User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the camera as well, figuring to install this spring. I have a 351M / '20 GMC and wondering how to run the wiring. An idea on how difficult it is get the wire from the top of the trailer around the back patio door? I'd also be interested in a link to the inside the bed connector if you could share....thanks.
    Kevin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera wire routing

Quote Originally Posted by kddill View Post
    I bought the camera as well, figuring to install this spring. I have a 351M / '20 GMC and wondering how to run the wiring. An idea on how difficult it is get the wire from the top of the trailer around the back patio door? I'd also be interested in a link to the inside the bed connector if you could share....thanks.
    Kevin
    I think for the fold down door on the 351M you're going to have to bring the wire up from underneath. The instructions with the camera have you mount it around chest height, but that is for the transparent trailer view, which does not work for a 5th wheel trailer. I was able to tuck the wire up under the plastic sheeting along the frame rail all the way to the front of the trailer, and it turned out nice. Better than running the cable across the roof and then down the front of the trailer somehow.
    2011 GMC 2500 SLE Duramax, (sold)
    2020 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 303RLS (sold)
    2022 Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone interested, the GM part # for the bumper connector with the camera plugs is 13526856. I am going to see if I can find a tee connector so I can have the camera plugs in the bed while keeping the ones on the bumper.

Update: after speaking with Pasternack, they do not make a splitter or tee for those Fakra connectors.
    Last edited by Firmn74; 03-01-2021 at 10:30 AM.
    2011 GMC 2500 SLE Duramax, (sold)
    2020 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 303RLS (sold)
    2022 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps I misunderstood while reading through this thread, but I do not understand what else I need for the furrion camera to work. My 2021 21BHE has the camera up there, but I am at a loss.
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE
    2017 Chevy Colorado

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousDave View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstood while reading through this thread, but I do not understand what else I need for the furrion camera to work. My 2021 21BHE has the camera up there, but I am at a loss.
    This thread is for the integrated camera that gm sells for Chevrolet/GMC trucks. It is a wired camera that works thru the infotainment system. As far as your furrion camera, if the dealer already installed the camera to your trailer, most are powered thru the trailer lights so turn on your parking lights on your tow vehicle ( which will power the camera) and sync with your handheld screen that came with the camera and your all set!!!! Our trailer is 30ft and sometimes have connectivity issues so if your trailer is longer than that, just be aware. Others my have a different experience. good luck!!!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    This thread is for the integrated camera that gm sells for Chevrolet/GMC trucks. It is a wired camera that works thru the infotainment system. As far as your furrion camera, if the dealer already installed the camera to your trailer, most are powered thru the trailer lights so turn on your parking lights on your tow vehicle ( which will power the camera) and sync with your handheld screen that came with the camera and your all set!!!! Our trailer is 30ft and sometimes have connectivity issues so if your trailer is longer than that, just be aware. Others my have a different experience. good luck!!!
    Thanks for the reply. I never got a handheld unit with the purchase of our trailer

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousDave View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I never got a handheld unit with the purchase of our trailer
    I think you are mistaken

Your trailer likely just has the sharkfin prep for a furrion system

All GDs have this

It is an option not standard

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmn74 View Post
    For anyone interested, the GM part # for the bumper connector with the camera plugs is 13526856. I am going to see if I can find a tee connector so I can have the camera plugs in the bed while keeping the ones on the bumper.

Update: after speaking with Pasternack, they do not make a splitter or tee for those Fakra connectors.

thanks for the reply and info. I'll probably be working on my install in the coming weeks...I'll let you know if I have any revelations!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious to see how the GM camera are working out. Looks like I will be picking up a GD trailer this weekend and will be towing with a Trailboss. No clue if those allow the invisible trailer or not, but that would be sweet. Any info is appreciated.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrodpic View Post
    Curious to see how the GM camera are working out. Looks like I will be picking up a GD trailer this weekend and will be towing with a Trailboss. No clue if those allow the invisible trailer or not, but that would be sweet. Any info is appreciated.
    Does your truck have the technology package?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast