User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear Camera integrated with the GM Camera System

I am hoping I can find someone that has installed the rear view camera and is using the rear view camera connection on the truck.

Thanks in advance,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wanting this option as well!!! would like to hear some thoughts before I pony up $500

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went ahead and ordered this camera today. Curious if anyone else has it and how you ran the wires from the back of the RV to the front? Hopefully its worth the $$$. I did find it cheaper than MSRP. A google search was able to land me a $355 price tag, still kinda high but if its integrated into the OEM system, I'm sure I'll be happy.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    Went ahead and ordered this camera today. Curious if anyone else has it and how you ran the wires from the back of the RV to the front? Hopefully its worth the $$$. I did find it cheaper than MSRP. A google search was able to land me a $355 price tag, still kinda high but if its integrated into the OEM system, I'm sure I'll be happy.
    No link?

What camera?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the OEM trailer camera that GM sells. Here is the link for gmc accessories. part#84946379

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/...tegoryId=98064

I googled the part number and ordered thru this site...

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/elect...-92305771.html

It lists it as a chevy part but most GMC/Chevy parts are identical.

This should allow the use of "transparent trailer" feature that is new but was hoping to get any input from someone who actually has used it. Thanks in advance!!!
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think these trailers are pre-wired but no idea if the connections are the same or not. Also, not sure how far forward the wiring is ran as I haven’t added a camera on mine yet. Most aftermarket cameras use standard RCA connectors though.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    I think these trailers are pre-wired but no idea if the connections are the same or not. Also, not sure how far forward the wiring is ran as I haven’t added a camera on mine yet. Most aftermarket cameras use standard RCA connectors though.
    Most are pre-wired for the furion wireless camera which is pretty much just a ground and power wire. The option I'm interested in is not wireless. The camera will plug into the receptacle on the bumper next to the license plate.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I ordered my camera, got it installed, and have come to find out that the “transparent trailer view” is not compatible with 5th wheel trailers. I am dumbfounded. I would guess the vast majority of people buying these trucks are towing fifth wheel trailers. My dealer doesn’t know why this is, and calling GMC was a waste of time. In answer to someone’s question about pre-wiring, you have to use the supplied cable that comes with the camera , which means you have to run the wire down the back of the trailer, then either along the roof or tucked underneath, all the way to the front. I chose underneath and got it done pretty cleanly. But then you realize that the only plug in for said cable is on the bumper. So now I have to hang the cable off of the 5th wheel hitch down to the bumper. Not ideal to say the least. I tried to fool the truck into thinking the trailer was a tow behind, but it would not calibrate with the dimensions I entered. It works great as a back up camera, but very disappointed about the transparent trailer view. Anyone else have experience with this? I just cannot believe they could not make this work for 5th wheels.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a 21 Chevy that came with the extra camera, it is in the fine print they only work with specific trailers. They do still work as a camera. But not invisible or trailer length indicator. I found a bunch of info about it on a GM HD Truck forum. Now I am trying to figure out how to run the cable, there is a mod I found on the GM forum to move the connector to inside the bed from the bumper.
    18 Momentum 376TH
    13 GMC Dually Duramax Denali
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera connector mod

Quote Originally Posted by tmm2good View Post
    I just bought a 21 Chevy that came with the extra camera, it is in the fine print they only work with specific trailers. They do still work as a camera. But not invisible or trailer length indicator. I found a bunch of info about it on a GM HD Truck forum. Now I am trying to figure out how to run the cable, there is a mod I found on the GM forum to move the connector to inside the bed from the bumper.
    Thanks for that info, do you happen to have a link to that topic with the trailer connector mod?
    2011 GMC 2500 SLE Duramax, (sold)
    2020 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 303RLS (sold)
    2022 Momentum 351M

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast