User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone. I think I got this.
    We tow the RV home on Friday (if all goes well) and I'll let you know how we do.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We made it home this morning with the new rig and got it leveled. Thanks again for all the good advice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1976.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	29076
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't look too crazy. Close enough to the house, plug it in with a big fat extension cord. Then you can put the slide out without wearing on your battery.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not as bad as I thought it would be.
    It is plugged in but I only have 15 amps available. I need to install a 30 amp outlet so I can run the AC.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice Jay, the Imagines are such nice trailers! See you're in New Port Richey, I kind of grew up down the road in St Petersburg.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took delivery of our first travel trailer, also a 2600 RB. The drive is also on about a 4% slope. Waiting on all “the stuff” (who knew?) to come in before I level it and set it up. When you jack it way up in front there is a chance you will unload the front axle, so that all the weight is on the rear axle and the tongue jack - not a problem for the axle, but might possibly overload the jack (doesn’t seem exactly “beefy” to me). I’m will block up the front tires so they are on the same plane as the rear tires. Then when I level it front to rear the weight at each axle will be the same, and the tongue weight will be normal.

To do this, take a 4 ft level and place the back end centered on the rear axle. Now block the front end until the level is, well, level. Measure the distance from the driveway to the bottom of the level, at a point in line with the front axle. This is how much you need to block up the front tires (it will help if you have some 3/4” boards also). While still hitched, place as many blocks under the jack as you can, leaving about a 2” gap (otherwise, if you load your truck before you hitch up, the trailer hitch might not come down far enough to seat).

You may need to level side-to-side first. If you use Andersen levelers (or similar) this takes only a few minutes (I bought the Level Mate Pro so it’s even faster).
    Last edited by RustyCas; 08-29-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay, I will probably get hammered for this, BUT, my driveway is very un-Level. when I had my travel trailer before the fifth wheel, what we would do, after the travel trailer was in the driveway, blocked nine ways to Sunday, we would unhook. I would then run the tongue jack all the way up, place about ten each of those plastic orange level blocks under the front two 'stabilizers', and lower the stabilizers to the orange blocks. I would then raise up the tongue jack and place some home made 4x4's with a 2x6 on the ground, to get about a foot of lift then lower the tongue jack to raise the RV to level. the stabilizers are not made to 'lift' the RV, but mine were rated at 5k each so I figured it could support the weight of the front of the RV for a few minutes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    We made it home this morning with the new rig and got it leveled. Thanks again for all the good advice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1976.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	29076
    Awesome looks great, well done!

Enjoy thhe rig
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dledb68 View Post
    Jay, I will probably get hammered for this, BUT, my driveway is very un-Level. when I had my travel trailer before the fifth wheel, what we would do, after the travel trailer was in the driveway, blocked nine ways to Sunday, we would unhook. I would then run the tongue jack all the way up, place about ten each of those plastic orange level blocks under the front two 'stabilizers', and lower the stabilizers to the orange blocks. I would then raise up the tongue jack and place some home made 4x4's with a 2x6 on the ground, to get about a foot of lift then lower the tongue jack to raise the RV to level. the stabilizers are not made to 'lift' the RV, but mine were rated at 5k each so I figured it could support the weight of the front of the RV for a few minutes.
    Yes you should get hammered, IMO. Stabilizer jacks are exactly that, stabilizers, not load bearing. You could have 7000# rated jacks which will support a down force, but are not designed for any lateral strength, they are to be used with the tongue jack. To each his own.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast