User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dledb68, I don’t think mine is that far out of level, but if need be I would use 2 jack stands to support the front while I maneuvered the tongue jack like you did.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, we're newbies too, just got our trailer in July. However, we plunged in with both feet and are on an epic 10 week trip. We learned a lot about leveling along the way. It is actually important and I would recommend it when you're setting up in your driveway. What we also learned is that having either wood, cinder or the plastic blocks helps immensely. Since you know you're sloped, you'll want to put three of the plastic ones, a cinder block or wood underneath so you can actually raise it the full way you'll need to level. Being level is also the only way to get the refrigerator to run, and that is something you'll want to give a good 12 - 24 hours running to get cold.

Set up of the camper is quite fun - have a ball with it!
    Morgey1
    2021 Imagine 22 MLE
    2018 Ford F150

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    My driveway is not level either. I use the yellow blocks from Walmart but wood will work. Make sure you chock the wheels both sides. If you plan to turn on fridge and/or extend the slide, try to get as level as possible, side to side, front to back.

Attachment 28722
    Just want to emphasize chock BOTH sides - FRONT and REAR. I know..... it’s on a downhill slope.... but it’s about creating a habit for staying safe.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morgey1 View Post
    Hi, we're newbies too, just got our trailer in July. However, we plunged in with both feet and are on an epic 10 week trip. We learned a lot about leveling along the way. It is actually important and I would recommend it when you're setting up in your driveway. What we also learned is that having either wood, cinder or the plastic blocks helps immensely. Since you know you're sloped, you'll want to put three of the plastic ones, a cinder block or wood underneath so you can actually raise it the full way you'll need to level. !
    Actually, I stopped in front of my house and disconnected the torsion bars before I backed into the driveway. Partially because I knew it would be easier on a level surface, and partially so my time blocking the street would be minimized.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which hitch did you buy?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyCas View Post
    Which hitch did you buy?
    Equilizer 10,000 lb.
    It got good reviews here, got really good reviews on the Ram forum, good reviews on e trailer. I watched a lot of videos, etc., and wanted a torsion bar style.
    Plus my son sells utility trailers up north and recommended a torsion bar style.
    And it didn't break the bank and the dealer sold them so it was convenient.
    Not saying it's the best just those are my reasons. I hope it works out to be a good decision.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    Equilizer 10,000 lb.
    It got good reviews here, got really good reviews on the Ram forum, good reviews on e trailer. I watched a lot of videos, etc., and wanted a torsion bar style.
    Plus my son sells utility trailers up north and recommended a torsion bar style.
    And it didn't break the bank and the dealer sold them so it was convenient.
    Not saying it's the best just those are my reasons. I hope it works out to be a good decision.
    You should be good with that hitch. I have a round bar e-2 with 1,000# bars and it works great for my 2600rb.

Keep in mind that the dealer did the initial hitch adjustment with an empty truck and trailer. That adjustment is going to be a best guess. After you load up the trailer for camping, load up the truck, grab some tools and go to a nice flat spot. Readjust the hitch per the hitch manual using measurements. To gain the most advantage (both weight distribution and sway control) it needs to be properly adjusted after loaded for camping.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    No, not as bad as I thought it would be.
    It is plugged in but I only have 15 amps available. I need to install a 30 amp outlet so I can run the AC.
    15A is loads if you keep the air off. You could even run the water heater and fridge at the same time. The 8 cubic ft Dometic draws under 3 amps, around 400 watts. An extension fed by a 15A is just fine.
    I have a 20A service in my garage outside plug, Canada and block heaters I guess.....I've run the AC and the breaker has never tripped.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    15A is loads if you keep the air off. You could even run the water heater and fridge at the same time. The 8 cubic ft Dometic draws under 3 amps, around 400 watts. An extension fed by a 15A is just fine.
    I have a 20A service in my garage outside plug, Canada and block heaters I guess.....I've run the AC and the breaker has never tripped.
    We are good now as I had a 30 amp RV outlet installed a few days ago.
    With the fridge and converter running (when I was on a 15 amp circuit) it was drawing 3.3 amps.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123