Thread: Slide Stuck

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Stuck

Hi,
    I have a 2016 318RST. The slide on my kitchen is stuck closed. When I try to open it it just clicks and it’s a different clicking than the clutch sound. When I then run the switch to close it for a a second and then try to open it again it works fine. I found a post from 2018 that someone had a similar problem and someone mentioned that if it keeps happening it could be closing too tight and a small adjustment may be required. But no post on what that adjustment is. Does. anyone know of an adjustment or maybe any tips on what could be causing this?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drpower View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 2016 318RST. The slide on my kitchen is stuck closed. When I try to open it it just clicks and it’s a different clicking than the clutch sound. When I then run the switch to close it for a a second and then try to open it again it works fine. I found a post from 2018 that someone had a similar problem and someone mentioned that if it keeps happening it could be closing too tight and a small adjustment may be required. But no post on what that adjustment is. Does. anyone know of an adjustment or maybe any tips on what could be causing this? Thank you.
    I don't know about your issue, sorry, but am writing to tell you that Lippert (the company that makes many/most of the slide systems used by GD) has documents on its web site that might be helpful. There is one specifically for slides.

https://support.lci1.com/master-manuals/

Hopefully someone with a more-specific and -helpful answer will come along.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drpower View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 2016 318RST. The slide on my kitchen is stuck closed. When I try to open it it just clicks and it’s a different clicking than the clutch sound. When I then run the switch to close it for a a second and then try to open it again it works fine. I found a post from 2018 that someone had a similar problem and someone mentioned that if it keeps happening it could be closing too tight and a small adjustment may be required. But no post on what that adjustment is. Does. anyone know of an adjustment or maybe any tips on what could be causing this?

Thank you.
    Hi drpower:

I had the same issue the other day and I’m curious if you figured out what the problem and solution are?

Many thanks!
    Jeff, Deborah & Ginger 🐶

2020 Ram 2500 4x4 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73
    2021 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the stop can was letting the slide come in too far. I adjusted the stop can to stop the slide slightly sooner and have not had a problem since.

Hope this helps.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. Will look at that this weekend. Thank you for the quick reply. Safe travels!
    Jeff, Deborah & Ginger 🐶

2020 Ram 2500 4x4 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73
    2021 Reflection 303RLS