User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Costco RV buying program

I have searched but found no info on Costco RV buying program experiences. Has anyone used it and were you happy with the result? What kind of deal did you get (i.e. % off MSRP)?
    Thanks
    Steve
    San Diego

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​I didn't know Costco had an RV program!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a pretty good program, but I haven't participated in it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smeyer1161 View Post
    I have searched but found no info on Costco RV buying program experiences. Has anyone used it and were you happy with the result? What kind of deal did you get (i.e. % off MSRP)?
    Thanks
    Steve
    San Diego
    WHAT? Costco buys RVs?
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to purchase thru the Costco RV program. Assigned dealer was responsive on all questions except for pricing. I gave up and went thru a dealer in my home state.

james9793
    2021 GD Reflection 315RLTS TT

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve tried it twice with Bill Thomas Camper in Wentzville, MO and we were disappointed both times. Costco claims the dealer is supposed to provide you a written offer detailing how much you’re saving off of the MSRP but the dealer refused. We’re big Costco fans but this program never worked for us.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a boat, not an RV through their program. Here how I see it. I was at the boat dealer trying to get the best deal, they said IF I was a Costco member, I could "buy" it though their program. I paid for the membership to Costco (I didn't even go to Cosco) The dealer had the boat I wanted on Costco's lot and the next day had it back to his place for me to inspect. I got a good deal, Costco got a new non-participating member (their to far away), and the boat dealer did all the paperwork and took the money for their boat that was on the Costco lot.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We attempted to use the Costco program when buying our trailer. Costco directs you to the dealerships that participate, since not all of them do. Costco has you fill out some information and provides you with a referral document. Then a sales rep contacts you to set up an appointment. In our case, after looking at several trailers and picking out our favorite (245RL), we were informed that that line of trailers was not in the Costco program because the margins were already "tight". We did ultimately buy it without the Costco program. Based on the Costco affiliation, I would have to believe that the program is good, but before going to a dealer I would ask them what their selection is that's included in the program. We are not unhappy with our purchase, but there are shades of "bait and switch" here, at least in the case of our dealership. If you decide to use the program, I would get an idea of your potential available selection and then be insistent that the focus be on only those units. Hope this is helpful.