User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting satellite to work on bedroom tv 2970RL

We recently purchased a 2970RL and love it. We installed a tv in the bedroom and have the Dish network tailgater and the Wally for the living room. Is there any way to get satellite in the bedroom (even mirrored to the living room) without buying another receiver?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! We bought a RF Modulator - about $15 at either Amazon or Walmart - RCA/Composite A/V to RF/Coax/Coaxial Converter for the bedroom tv. We put our Wally in the basement of our fifth-wheel. The round coax to the living room hooks into the back of the Wally. We have HDMI cable going from the Wally to the television we installed in the basement for outdoor viewing. Last, we have RCA A/V cables going from the Wally to the RF Modulator and then coax coming out of the modulator sends signal to the bedroom tv. Not the best picture in the bedroom but it works for now. Just lately, we bought an HDMI splitter at Walmart - we now split the HDMI coming out of the Wally and send HD signal to both the living room and outdoor televisions. This gives a MUCH BETTER picture in the living room than the coax. We haven't take time to run the HDMI cable in the basement - for now we just run it outside on the ground and put it through the slide closest to the living room tv. We only have one receiver so it is the same channel on all 3 televisions but we have not found that to be an issue yet. I think if you do a search on here for RF Modulator....you may find a better explanation of how this works than what I am giving you here. Good Luck!
    David & Janelle plus April & Jazzee our blue heelers
    Farming/ranching in eastern Colorado...but not for much longer!!
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL (4/2019)
    2020 Ford F450 DRW 4X4 8' bed (1/2020)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much! We purchased another tailgated (our third one in three weeks ��), and another box. It will cost us about $14 a month but can suspend programming during the winter when we’re not camping. We didn’t realize how involved this camping thing would be lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyTammy View Post
    Thanks so much! We purchased another tailgated (our third one in three weeks ��), and another box. It will cost us about $14 a month but can suspend programming during the winter when we’re not camping. We didn’t realize how involved this camping thing would be lol.
    Oh wow! I didn’t know you would need another tailgater and to go with a second receiver. Our tailgater pro supports 2 receivers. We have only hooked up one so far....so only pay $7 per month. Yes...Dish Network lets you cancel service to those receivers when you won’t be using them for extended times. We like being able to change our local channels when we travel to an area away from our locals here in Denver. It’s a pretty quick phone call...you just have to know it affects your locals at your home as well. And the My Dish app lets you reauthorize the signal from the app. So much better than having to call in. My Dad has Direct tv and he doesn’t have either of those options....changing locals or an app to help you when you are getting set up at a new campsite. Oh yes! It’s a process for quite a while. We are only in our second year of RVing....but it’s all been worth it so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the tailgater king Pro II that will support two receiver.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, piggy backing on this topic (newbie to be here)...are these dish network setups the best way to get tv in the rv? is it pretty straight forward in setup? any info is appreciated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they are a pain in the b*** since the hookup don't like splitter you will have to set it up another way. I have been trying to get both of my tv to work but so far I only got one to work. The only way I was able to do that I had to bypass the whole system in my fiver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Well, they are a pain in the b*** since the hookup don't like splitter you will have to set it up another way. I have been trying to get both of my tv to work but so far I only got one to work. The only way I was able to do that I had to bypass the whole system in my fiver.
    Our HDMI splitter works! HDMI cable from Wally receiver to splitter. Individual HDMI cords from splitter going to living room tv and basement tv. The long HDMI cords....well our 50 ft cord anyway....has to have the correct end going to the tv...YES it does matter on the 50ft cord we got! Why doesn’t Grand Design wire with HDMI cords? Coax is truly a thing of the past....if you install HD television....finish it with the correct wiring!!

Janelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yngc277 View Post
    so, piggy backing on this topic (newbie to be here)...are these dish network setups the best way to get tv in the rv? is it pretty straight forward in setup? any info is appreciated.
    We prefer Dish Network. Just because it’s what we are used to at home. I have worked with Direct TV system and their customer service. I would say all customer service are about the same. We like the Tailgator Pro...because you can place it wherever we need to get signal....unlike a dish on top of your camper that can be blocked by trees. I can’t help you with the app systems like Netflix or Disney + that require internet.

Janelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Spartacus....LOL....after reading my post....I realized we bypassed our system as well for the living room and basement televisions! [emoji23] Only way we could get good clear pictures on those 2 televisions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast