Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exterior Speaker Question

Can someone tell me how to get the two outside speakers to work? I just bought a 2020 GD Momentum G 320. It has the Rockford sound system. When I go to the master control and exterior speakers, I get no sound on the two exterior speakers mounted on the primary living room slide. There appears to be a subwofer with two black boxes on either side of it mounted to the wall behind the theater seating. The two black boxes may control the exterior speakers, I can't tell. None of the paperwork that came with the trailer really address the "exterior speakers". Inside speakers and garage speakers work ok. Also, can someone tell me where the on/off switch for the heating pads on the water and waste water tanks are. I was told it was on the main control panel, but if it's there, it's invisible. By the way, I have the full control panel in my RV not the blue tooth phone/Ipad control unit. I found the paperwork for the heating pads, but it just says to make sure the switch is turned on when the temperature is going to be below a certain point. If anyone can help me with either of these questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exterior Speaker Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lanski View Post
    Can someone tell me how to get the two outside speakers to work? I just bought a 2020 GD Momentum G 320. It has the Rockford sound system. When I go to the master control and exterior speakers, I get no sound on the two exterior speakers mounted on the primary living room slide. There appears to be a subwofer with two black boxes on either side of it mounted to the wall behind the theater seating. The two black boxes may control the exterior speakers, I can't tell. None of the paperwork that came with the trailer really address the "exterior speakers". Inside speakers and garage speakers work ok. Also, can someone tell me where the on/off switch for the heating pads on the water and waste water tanks are. I was told it was on the main control panel, but if it's there, it's invisible. By the way, I have the full control panel in my RV not the blue tooth phone/Ipad control unit. I found the paperwork for the heating pads, but it just says to make sure the switch is turned on when the temperature is going to be below a certain point. If anyone can help me with either of these questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
    Not the same setup but since no one else has chimed in, I figured it wouldn’t hurt.

On our Furrion, there are 2 buttons under “zone”. 1 enables the interior (ceiling) speakers and 2 enables the external speakers under the awning. You should have something similar.

It’s also possible your system only works when you’re connected to shore power or a generator, if there’s an amplifier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	28748

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-15-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't get the outside speakers to work no matter what I tried. I finally installed in the Rockford Fosgate app on my phone and was able to get the speakers working via the app. Ironically, the head unit is in the front living room in our camper and the outside speakers are way at the back, evidently out of Bluetooth range of the head unit. So you can't actually control anything when sitting outside.

At least I know the outside speakers work, and that was the first and last time I will use them. They are horrible quality, oh my ears. Frankly, with so many excellent Bluetooth speakers on the market these days I don't know why trailer manufacturers even bother installing outside speakers. They just don't have the wall depth to work with in most cases it mount a decent speaker.
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most of the factory speakers suck. we use a bose blue tooth speaker from our phones for decent quality music