User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Ton Dually 4 X $ ?

pmdixon

Post 1 Ton Dually 4 X $ ?

We are new to RVing and this will be our first RV. We are looking at the 375RE. I am also looking on getting the truck to tow it with. I will get the Desiel and the HD transmission and Rear end. The Question I have is do I need to get a Dually?
    Also I am looking at all fouer brands - Any ideas?
    FORD
    CHEV
    DODGE
    GMC

Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a trailer with a dry weight of 13,600 lbs. and a hitch weight of 3,000 lbs., you will need a dual rear wheel drive 1 ton truck.

I'm a Ford SuperDuty diesel owner, and they simply cannot be beat.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a Ford F350 SuperDuty Single Rear Wheel. On my diesel 4x4 truck, I do not have enough payload capacity for the 375RE. I'd either have to get a 2x4 to get some more payload capacity or a dually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone will tell you their truck is the best. I think dual rear wheels for towing a heavy fifth wheel is a must. Most of the newer trucks are pretty equal, see who will give you the best buy. If you know an employee or retired employee, ask for a friends and family discount number, could save you several thousands
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dually - yes !
    Brand - your choice, drive them all and see which one you like the best. Any one would do the job just fine.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the DRW gives me more stability with a heavy trailer /pin weight. What manufacture is a personal preference. All manufactures new DRW's will do the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DRW will certainly add stability and a safety factor if you have a blowout on the road. I have some notes on towing at http://www.momentumgunner.com/towing_notes.html that might be helpful.

We went with a Ram after a lot of searching, but as others have said, drive them all, look at the interiors, and weigh what you feel you are getting for your dollar.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 375 rl and pull with a f 450 drw 4x4 with a 480 rear end and just love the setup. Just got back from NC. At 65-70 got 10.5 mph. I would do the drw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a DRW. No other way to safely go (IMO) for a 375. Brand is just a mater of choice. Drive them and see what you like. I drove all three before buying my 3500HD. Chevy just offered me a deal I couldn't pass up and I like the ride and comfort of my LTZ.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike McCaughan View Post
    I have a 375 rl and pull with a f 450 drw 4x4 with a 480 rear end and just love the setup. Just got back from NC. At 65-70 got 10.5 mph. I would do the drw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! That's fantastic fuel mileage! I'd like to have a new 450, but my current income just won't allow it. If I had a paying job I couldn't enjoy it
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places