User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheared off Antenna

For crying out loud. While trouble shooting some *really crappy* tv reception, I found this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	28767
    Dang. Still get 5 channels lol.

Any advice on the best possible replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CJ & Jo
    RIP: Rocky & Rya
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new GD came with the Winegard AIR 360+ amplified Omnidirectional HDTV and FM. Seams to work good but I don't know a lot about them.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winegard Sensar IV.

You can find some references on this site where both I and others did it. It's directional, has an amp in it and, best of all you can raise it up over the other obstacles on the roof.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omni is convenient, but a directional antenna has better range due to the antenna gain.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the club. My original antenna could not do 65 mph.

LOL
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Winegard Sensar IV.

You can find some references on this site where both I and others did it. It's directional, has an amp in it and, best of all you can raise it up over the other obstacles on the roof.
    I second the Sensar IV as being a *much* better antenna than the OEM supplied King Jack. Only real issue is the cover for the handle used to rotate the antenna (inside the trailer) doesn't cover all the screw holes that were drilled to install the King Jack. We planning to use a little matching color crayon to fill a couple of small holes. . .
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjohnson View Post
    For crying out loud. While trouble shooting some *really crappy* tv reception, I found this: Dang. Still get 5 channels lol. Any advice on the best possible replacement?
    Welcome to the club. Here's my experience:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post248698

Do I believe it's the "best possible" replacement? I can't say that, but we've been pleased with its performance and with the fact that we don't have to move it around or put it up/down - it's just there. We don't have experience with it in very-remote locations - we're usually close enough to urban areas to get a range of stations from the antenna.

Good luck with your choice and installation.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have experience removing the lap sealant? It's a total PIA. with a 2018, I think it's a TPO roof, but I haven't done the fan shroud test.

As I try to rub back some of the sealant from the broken base, it's clear that the roof isn't fully glued down, so it's a super slow go to avoid a tear, etc. If you've done this before and have some *magic* to share, I'd love the advice.
    CJ & Jo
    RIP: Rocky & Rya
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have experience removing the lap sealant? It's a total PIA. with a 2018, I think it's a TPO roof, but I haven't done the fan shroud test.

As I try to rub back some of the sealant from the broken base, it's clear that the roof isn't fully glued down, so it's a super slow go to avoid a tear, etc. If you've done this before and have some *magic* to share, I'd love the advice.
    If you read the post I linked in post #7 above I had the opposite experience - for some reason my sealant was very easy to remove.

The roof is surprisingly thin and not fully glued; *seems* like it wouldn't be hard to tear. In other threads I've seen a report of blisters on thumbs from slowly working it up for hours. I haven't seen any savior pop into those threads and say "do this" to make it easier.

Hopefully a savior will show up here, and that the rest of it goes easier.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience is that I could not totally remove all the lap sealant without tearing the roof material. In the end I found the best thing to use was a multitool. You kind of skim close to the surface without tearing the roof material. Good luck. And know ahead of time you will have to really the self leveling caulk over what you install and over some of the removed lap sealant area.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast