Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ac outlet for microwave on 2020 337RLS

Just got my new rv back from my dealer for, among other things, the heat shield recall..
    On inspecting today i noticed there was no power. Found powe cable almost fully unplugged from outlet to right of microwave.
    Was about to fully seat it when I noted it was (almost) plugged into the lower outlet of the typical residential two outlet faceplate in this cabinet.

Thinking i might could use the lower socket, I tried plugging the miceo into the top outlet og the two outlet faceplate..
    It was then I noticed a) the two outlets in the faceplate were inverted i.e. ground socket above the prongs. My concern is top socket’s grounding hole was filled with something inhibiting insertion of the plug. Feels like hard plastic NOT like someone broke off a ground plug.

I wanted the unit plugged into the top outlet so in case i waned to plugin something else in up there, I could. I mean GD has a hole with plastic grommet in that cabinet to route a power cord out of the cabinet, so you’d think both sockets in that outlet would be fully usable...

Just wondered if anyone else has seen or noticed this in cabinet to the right of the microwave/convection?

Thanks,

Doug J new owner, new 5th
    Doug&Dena
    2020 337RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 HO Cummins Dually
    Reese M5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of time electricians will install an outlet in a manner most of us think is upside down (ground up). I'm told this is often done to prevent shock. Also, newer outlets have plastic covers that you have to push past. But I'm not sure if this is the case with what you're dealing with. Either way, it's a dedicated outlet.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know on my microwave outlet, fridge outlet and converter outlet, GD used an outlet that looks like a dual plug face plate, but only one of the openings will accept a plug. If I had to guess, they did this to prevent people from plugging other items in and overloading the circuit.

The fact that GD might have put other stuff on that same circuit is a different topic to discuss...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH