User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Maintenance on turning point hitch

Just wondering has anyone done any maintenance on their turning point fifth wheel hitch.l seen some where there is a bearing that should be grease.Can you do it without dropping the hitch?
    Pat and Bill with Kaycee the Shar-Pei Hound and Abby the Shar-Pei Beagle in our hearts.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 295RL
    2023 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3 Godzilla 3.73 locking axle
    Andersen Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles01 View Post
    ...Can you do it without dropping the hitch?
    You have to drop the king pin. I was going to try leaving it hitched to the truck and unbolt it, raise the trailer, pull straight out to work on it. Haven't tried it yet. Here's a couple videos you might find helpful: https://youtu.be/VKnwicvbHZw https://youtu.be/914q32YQSn0

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had mine off, it wasn't as heavy as I thought. Just to be safe, I backed the pickup under it and used a floor jack under it. Maybe 60lbs? Although mine is new it was making noise from the dealership. Turns out the main shaft the bearing rides on had rust on it.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Just had mine off, it wasn't as heavy as I thought. Just to be safe, I backed the pickup under it and used a floor jack under it. Maybe 60lbs? Although mine is new it was making noise from the dealership. Turns out the main shaft the bearing rides on had rust on it.
    I just greased mine today, maybe 160 lbs., definitely not 60 lbs. I used the pickup bed with 4 jack stands. 1/2 in Dewalt impact gun made easy work of the bolts. The castle nut was pretty tight so we lifted the whole assembly down off the jack stands to get more leverage. This was a mistake as lifting it back onto the jack stands was difficult with two pretty strong people. The bearing has plenty of grease but below the bearing was dry and some rust. Cleaned that up and greased. With it supported again by the jack stands I used the rig jacks to drop down and a center punch to get it aligned. The rig is one year old and has been towed about 17,000 miles. Now that I know there is a lot of grease in there I probably won't do this again for two years.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells