Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Preparations

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preparations

Is anyone making preparations in case there is a round 2 for the lock-downs or worse in another year or less? Since I'm full time, here's what I've done before things got weird this year:
    • Replaced my dinette with a 5 CF freezer, which I now keep a rotating stock of food in
    • Filled my pantry and some cabinets with dry and canned goods (projected food on hand was 3 months supply with rotating stock)
    • Stockpiled 6 months worth of medications
    • Added a folding weight bench and adjustable dumbells, and bought a bike (and cancelled my gym in Memphis just as they were being ordered closed)
    • Made sure I had enough zinc, vitamin C and multivitamins on hand to deal with colds and not going out much for 6 months.
    • Maintained a stock of 3 months worth of toilet paper and paper towels--when the shortages happened that later ran low, so I installed a bidet toilet seat (no more impact from TP shortages)
    • Saved what money I could while I was still employed--luckily I haven't had to touch that yet.

I'm organized in my 337, but the available storage is used. I'm thinking I'll maintain the preparations I've made when I work again. Eating in saved me a ton of money, and with trips out minimized, I actually had a lot more time, even when I was working. I'm curious who else managed to make preparations, or what ideas you might be implementing to protect yourself in the event of another round of what happened.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should all be prepared at all times, If these past few months have shown us anything, you don't want to be out trying to shop for critical supplies when people are panicking and hoarding. Not saying we all need to dig bunkers in our backyard, but having a months worth of TP on hand at all times might be a good idea. You also mention medicine, which is clearly a good idea, as are disinfectants and cleaning supplies.

You also should add water to the list, lots of bottled water.

Some shelf stable food is also a good idea. Mountain House has canned meals in #10 cans that are shelf stable for over 20 years. Having some of this on hand probably wouldn't hurt.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've greatly increased the amount of canned and other non-perishable items we keep on hand. We also have many cases of water. Medications are stocked up.

Don't forget the toilet paper! My wife's a hoarder. We've got a year's supply lol.

And ammo. Stock up on ammo.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are not full time yet.
    I did see many that were and some had trouble finding a place to stay. This might be something to think about too.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021