Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rendezvous-- On the Wind River, Wyoming in June

The Mountain Men Rendezvous' were held between 1825 and 1840. Eleven of those were held in Wyoming.

They were described as : "Mirth, songs, dancing, shouting, trading, running, jumping, singing, racing, target-shooting, yarns, frolic, with all sorts of extravagances that white men or Indians could invent." While I would not suggest that a group of Grand Design could or should aspire to match those activities, I do like the idea of a small number of us meeting in various places. I suggest such a gathering should be called a "Rendezvous," to distinguish it from a rally. A rally would be more organized with various activities usually including support from a manufacturer.

Anyone can call a Rendezvous. Pick a time, location, campground, and post the info. on this web site.

So, I am calling for a Rendezvous in Wyoming in June.

Rendezvous -- On the Wind River, Wyoming

Dates: June 17-23 (come any time during this week, stay for as little or as long as you wish.

Campground: The Longhorn Ranch & RV Resort (TheLonghornRanch.com for reservations) Campground is 3 miles southeast of Dubois on the Wind River. Read campground reviews on: rvparkreviews.com

Information about Dubois area: duboiswyoming.org

Hosts: Robert and Sheila Boyd from Amarillo, TX, retired teachers, Reflection 337
    [email protected]

We are planning on fishing some of the lakes and streams in the area, one day trip up a gravel road to the continental divide, usually a lot of wildflowers there. One day we will drive into Jackson, go by Jenny Lake, and whatever we find to do. We stayed north of Yellowstone last summer and went into Yellowstone from there so we are not planning to go to Yellowstone this summer. But anyone coming thru Dubois this summer could stay a few days on then go on to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. It should not be as crowded these dates in June a it will be in July and August.

Google Earth: Pelham Lake, Wyoming Click on a picture of the lake. One of my favorite lakes. A few miles out of Dubois on a gravel road, hike 1/4 of a mile (it seems longer). The fishing has generally been good there. Rainbows on black ant fly, fishing close to a bank. Spinning with lures or salmon eggs using a bubble.

If you wish to attend this Rendzvous:
    1. Make a reservation with the campground
    2. Send me an email letting me know you plan to attend. I will set up a group email for those attending and send everyone more info. in the coming weeks. I think anything from 2 to 10 units would be a good number for this Rendezvous.

I think we would have a group cookout the first evening people are there. There is nothing planned after that. Everyone can decide what they wish to do. Some may decide to go fishing together or to go to Jackson together.

If you have any questions or suggestions, email me. We will be in Boston and Cape Cod from May 12-21 (not with the trailer). I will not answer any emails during that time.

Robert
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea, Robert & Sheila! Beautiful part of the country!
    We will be at Anchor Down that same time frame. Hopefully you get a good turn out. We can always use more "rendezvous" as a good excuse to get out and enjoy this country together.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the distinction you're using of rendezvous vs rally...very good. Wish we could attend as we've never been to that part of the country yet...another rendezvous perhaps!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 05-06-2015 at 09:29 PM.
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish we could be there, it is a beautiful area...We will be attending the Anchor Down rendezvous the same week...There is a good group attending.

Hope you get a good group to join you.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M