User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddj2 View Post
    Nobody is asking for solid wood cabinets, but if the finish is as fragile as some of the people are saying...that is concerning. Especially when someone claims the older model cabinets were better.
    I agree with you that the finishes now are not as durable as older RV cabinets. It is due to a change in the process, technology and frankly cost. Again right or wrong, but is what the majority of mid range to lower end cabinet makers use now. As for @toddj2 if this is the deal breaker good luck in your search as I am afraid you will find this with most manufacturers in the industry. They all duplicate each other for the most part or have the same suppliers for many items.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody is asking for solid wood cabinets, but if the finish is as fragile as some of the people are saying...that is concerning. Especially when someone claims the older model cabinets were better.
    I agree with @weekender01

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's part of the answer.....CLAIMS to be better.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the original posters are just blowing this out of proportion?

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the original posters are just blowing this out of proportion?
    No, but without proof, they are just claims. I have a 2020 Imagine 2600 and have not had issues when removing command strips. I won't say the OP is wrong or the owners of older units are right, but until someone can come up with a way of testing, it's still claims. Just like some politicians make claims without proof---on both sides.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't trying to state the finish on our 2020 was any worse or better than the prior models (or other brands for that matter), just that it is not very durable and peels off with painters tape on my unit. I was curious if this was an issue for others or perhaps my unit was unique in this regard... Looks like at least a few others have had this issue.

I was also curious how folks were dealing with it and someone mentioned artists oil paints so I'm going to give that a try.

We are very happy with the trailer overall but wish the finish was a bit more durable, that's it.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall Paper Imagine.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	29113

This is the bottom edge of the side wardrobe cabinet on my 2020 2450RL. Nothing has happened to this area of the room that I can think of that would cause this. I'm in Florida and it it humid here, could that be it? I don't know. That's my finger to show perspective. I haven't had a problem in other areas for the finish.

Hope this helps, Mark
    Last edited by starion007; 08-30-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up our Imagine 2600RB thursday.Yes the finish is very poor. I removed a sticker and off came very thin paper layer. I used craft paint to repair it but it is going to be a constant thing. I am keeping a brush and paint in the cabinet.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    I wasn't trying to state the finish on our 2020 was any worse or better than the prior models (or other brands for that matter), just that it is not very durable and peels off with painters tape on my unit. I was curious if this was an issue for others or perhaps my unit was unique in this regard... Looks like at least a few others have had this issue.

I was also curious how folks were dealing with it and someone mentioned artists oil paints so I'm going to give that a try.

We are very happy with the trailer overall but wish the finish was a bit more durable, that's it.
    I too had the same problem (sort of). There was a "dummy" sticker located below my control panel on one of those walls. I tried to remove the sticker and removed the paper finish in the process. I bought a nice little wood/metal painting that fit the space and hid the screw up. Lesson learned don't put any thing sticky like that on the paper finished parts.

On the up side most of the walls are basic wallpaper and don't have that problem. There's just not that much wallpaper in the unit to hang stuff.
    Last edited by ckreef; 08-30-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, we’ve got a 2021 Imagine that’s a month old. Put a piece of stick on Velcro to hold the bench cushion back in place. The Velcro was stronger than the glue when we removed a cushion and pealed off the finish, leaving a white patch. At least it’s not normally visible.
    Rolf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast