User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dealer Service

lilgardt

Dealer Service

I purchased a Reflection 337 back in March 2014. Like all new things there were some imperfections that needed attention. The dealer was very busy and ask me to take the trailer and bring it back in a few weeks for repairs. I was getting ready to leave for the summer and so...we made an appointment for Sept 3rd when I returned. Long story short....When something went wrong while I was on the road I would call JD Adams, he would say where do you want the part sent to? I would get the item in a few days to a week depending. Well I dropped the trailer off on Sept 3rd at the dealer located in Surprise AZ off Bell Road and 115th Ave. won't mention the name, like planned, only a hand full full of minor repairs and one (I felt) major which was a flaw in the front cap. Got my trailer back Jan. 20th....can anyone beat that for down time. I don't think I have ever been lied to and given the run around more than this ever. If you ever wanted to see a grown man throw a fit...ya should been there....I threw a good one when I picked up my trailer.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going crazy waiting 2 1/2 weeks for some minor warranty items. 3 1/2 MONTHS!! Are you kidding me!? I would have been throwing way more than a fit. Oh, I don't even want to think about it...
    Glad you have it back. Enjoy it, you deserve it.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good Lord! It sounds like my dealership in Tucson. Finally, I sent mine from Arizona to the factory in Indiana and back again for some pretty significant repairs. It took less than five weeks. It sounds like you were very low priority for your dealership. Make sure you go on rating sites such as Yelp and hammer them. The weak link for all RVs seems to be dealer's service deparments. GD is a great company, but it sure seems to be difficult to get prompt, competent service after the sale.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad the dealer where we bought ours is a good one so far, General Trailer in Mt. Clemens MI. We took it in on the last day of our warranty and told them as we were heading to Florida so there was no rush. They called us just one and a half weeks later to tell us it was ready for pick-up. They did tell us there was no hurry.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to mention another good one, General RV in Brownstown, MI. They've been great the couple of times we've had to bring ours in. I've explained upcoming camping trips planned and they've always gotten our's back to us on time. I've arranged repairs, like he microwave recall, over the phone so that I didn't have to take the camper in until the part arrived. Good people there.