User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little water input mod on my 2400BH

I installed a flow meter, basic water filter, and pressure regulator right beside the water inlet in my storage bay. Now all I have to do whether filling my water tank at home, at the campsite, or connecting to "city water", is just connect the hose and watch it fill to 200L. The cheap carbon filter should catch the big pollutants that may linger in the water pipes, and with the flow meter I can make sure I fill the tank without waiting for the overflow to engage and siphon 1/4 tank of water out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200810_202844.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	28854

And I also attached a 3M Command hook for the water hose by the outdoor kitchen. Does a great job keeping the hose out of the dirt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200811_102203.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	28855
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. I did something similar except with a 3 stage filter installed in the pass through storage then connected to the water inlet. What I don't have is a flow meter installed. Might have to add that in the future.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you provide a parts list?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Z71-K9 View Post
    Can you provide a parts list?
    90. elbow out of the inlet
    Gardena Water Meter
    couple of flexible 6" hose lengths I found at local hardware store
    Camco water filter
    Camco pressure regulator
    couple of 3" pipe brackets
    45. elbow

I also have Gardena quick connect fittings installed, as that's what I have already on all my hoses and accessories.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Very nice. I did something similar except with a 3 stage filter installed in the pass through storage then connected to the water inlet. What I don't have is a flow meter installed. Might have to add that in the future.
    Pictures? I do much better with them. Thanks

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Are those little garden hose extensions lead free/potable water rated?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Looks good. Are those little garden hose extensions lead free/potable water rated?

Lol, probably not. But since I mostly drycamp, on weekend and week-long trips, I'm not too concerned about the minute amount of lead leaching that could possibly happen in the 30 minutes it takes to fill the tank. It's not like the water is sitting there stagnant for weeks at a time.

Saying that, my long term plan is to replace those hoses with PEX. Just waiting to decide if I upgrade my filtration system or not. These flexible hose extensions don't have a reputation for high reliability. But again, they're only under pressure in the 30 minutes it takes to fill the tank, it's not sitting under pressure all the time in a full-time camping situation.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonygoncalves View Post
    Lol, probably not. But since I mostly drycamp, on weekend and week-long trips, I'm not too concerned about the minute amount of lead leaching that could possibly happen in the 30 minutes it takes to fill the tank. It's not like the water is sitting there stagnant for weeks at a time.

Saying that, my long term plan is to replace those hoses with PEX. Just waiting to decide if I upgrade my filtration system or not. These flexible hose extensions don't have a reputation for high reliability. But again, they're only under pressure in the 30 minutes it takes to fill the tank, it's not sitting under pressure all the time in a full-time camping situation.
    I suppose a little lead wont kill you, especially if it's only to fill the tank for the weekend. Definitely recommend the PEX, with the right fittings you can custom fit it however you want. You could always swap to a cartridge type water filter too, so the PEX would connect to the housing and then you just unscrew the base to swap out filters when it's time and not affect your plumbing at all.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH