Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Wow, so a roof with bubbles is normal even though they are there because of improper installation causing air to get between the membrane and the roof? This is so unfortunate, as you spent your hard earned money on a brand that touts high quality. I am window shopping, and I really had my heart set on a GD, but seeing post like this are concerning. Is this a common problem across all brands? Would love to know the final outcome. Did GD stand behind you with a warranty fix?
All brands have their issues, Grand Design included. Most issues seem to come down to poor workmanship or lack of quality control. Especially so in the last 2 years, as RV sales have been through the roof and manufacturers are too busy pumping them out. We are on our 4th trailer, all were purchased new. Each had issues, although the first 3 had issues that were quite minor and ones I fixed myself without having to bother bringing the trailer in. Our latest one, the Grand Design we purchased last fall, which went straight to storage for the winter after purchasing, has given us the most grief of the 4. We have had water leaks, which we were able to trace and correct. The latest is a shower leak, making our shower not usable. Dealer now thinks it's a cracked shower pan, and given the troubleshooting we have done, I tend to agree. So now they have ordered a new shower pan, and the existing shower will need to come apart in order to get the new pan in. So to answer your question, yes all brands experience problems, it's disheartening to spend the money we do on these trailers and have such poor workmanship and little quality control.