User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a soft or hard cover? My 16 F150 came with a hard foldable cover. I planned on selling it and getting a Toolbox, but after living with it for a few weeks I love it. It's convenient to keep camping and hiking gear dry in the rain when going on long trips. Folds right up against the back window and protects the window when loading up the bed for trips to the local dump. I'm not going back to a toolbox unless I need to.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Look at the Retrax aluminium roll up cover. I have it on mine and the box or drum that it rolls up into is on the inside of the bed. You lose a little bit of storage at the front of the bed but you can still slide stuff under it, even bundles of firewood will slide under it. It does not leak and is very secure. My B&W Companion hitch fits under it also.
    +1 to the Retrax. I have had one on my last two trucks. IMO better than a truck box.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both a cover and box. I will spare you all the details of this evolution, but the net is I custom built the box. 50 bucks in lumber, and 70 bucks for the bed liner coating I put on it... haha.

The bed is wet, because I had my gooseneck hooked up during a storm when I went to take my Class A test in texas. And I notice one of my hose came loose I need to re-attach that....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0451.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	29240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0450.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	29241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0449.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	29242

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a peragon. Locks, sturdy, easy to remove myself, and doesn't block the window like my last one.

https://www.peragon.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12