User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will this cause me problems when I re-install tires?

I lifted my fifth wheel and placed jackstands under the axles between the u-bolts. When I pulled the wheels, this is what I found. I'm hoping these linkages will move back in place. The front of the camper is to the left in each photo. If they don't move back in place, how do I get them there?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3940.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	28865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3944.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	28866
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    I lifted my fifth wheel and placed jackstands under the axles between the u-bolts. When I pulled the wheels, this is what I found. I'm hoping these linkages will move back in place. The front of the camper is to the left in each photo. If they don't move back in place, how do I get them there?
    I have the Dexter EZ Flex equalizers & wet bolts on my TT, had them installed at a local RV shop. But I watched these videos from etrailer several times to understand the process.

I’m not sure this will help you, but scroll down from this link to the video with the guy in the red shirt. At about 7:20 into his 8:09 video he shows how to correct the situation you’re having.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...71-653-00.html
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its pretty common when lifting both wheels of the same axle off the ground. Its what is referred to as flipping the shackle. The shackle on the left side of the picture looks flipped, the leaf spring end should be above the equalizer, not below it. Once you get the wheels back on you can fix it. When I had it happen I slowly lowered the camper until all the wheels were almost touching the ground and then if I recall I used a few jacks at the end of the axle between the u bolts to manipulate them until the shackle returned to the required position. I lowered the camper the rest of the way. Then I slowly lowered the axles a little at a time until the wheels were on the ground. Once you get one wheel of an axle on the ground it wont flip the shackle anymore.

Hope that all made sense. A video would probably be easier or you can play around with it after your wheels are on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the new Endurance tires mounted and I installed them last night. I used a floor jack and a block of wood to lift up on the right side of the equalizer and the flipped spring flipped back to normal...kind of loud, but no biggie. I had to do this on both sides of the axle. She's sitting pretty now with good ole Made in the USA tires and raring to go!

Thanks all.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel