User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpe111 View Post
    I think I’m going to wait till next year, I should imagine a lot of those RVs will be finding their way onto the used market. A lot of folks find RVing is not for them, I strongly suspect even more who impulse purchased this year will be realizing the same.
    I agree, we have several friends waiting till 2021 and the used market will be pleantiful.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200903-231610_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	29319

I would imagine we will see many more ads like this in the coming months.
    Michael
    Boardman, OH
    2020 F150 SuperCab 6.5 Bed 2.7 Eco Boost
    Future Reflection-150 240RL Owner (with a much bigger TV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVLIN View Post
    So the "COVID demand" for RV's is truly a real thing. It's almost impossible to look at a new Imagine 2600RB here in Texas, because they're being sold/diverted as soon as they're shipped (don't look at dealers' websites showing availability; they're not really there). We have found a unit to look at (150 miles away) but all this has got me to thinking; if demand is really exceeding supply as badly as it seems, what's that doing to the ability to negotiate price down from MSRP?

So, for all those of you who have bought a new Grand Design within the last three months or so, how much were you able to bargain below MSRP at the dealer?
    We are picking up our 2021 momentum 399th (with king bed upgrade) this coming week. We paid $85,500 for it. We were comfortable with the price and chose the dealership based on reviews from people we knew.

Super excited for our first ever RV!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold my Keystone Passport for close to what I paid 3 years ago. Plan is to wait till February 2021 to buy a used one. The people who bought my trailer already have it for sale saying that they aren't the camping type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I went to the dealership recently. We looked at a 376th and were considering on ordering a new one from the factory. We decided to wait until next summer and see what the used 2020 market looks like. We have a 5th wheel currently so we are not in a huge hurry or need for one right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stonepuupy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200903-231610_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	29319

I would imagine we will see many more ads like this in the coming months.
    I imagine we'll see lots of ads, but I don't expect a lot of sales. Most year-old rvs bought on credit will be worth less than what they owe. Most sellers won't want to cough up thousands to make up the difference to pay off the loan, so their asking prices will be too high, making actual sales limited. Even worse for them, if dealer prices drop a bit next year when their lots are full again, the price for a new one may be pretty close to what the used ones are selling for. Yes, if you can, wait until next year.

Even this year, used private sales are not all bargains. It's seems like there are a lot of sellers asking top dollar. I get the feeling that there are sellers who hadn't really planned on selling but want to take advantage of the hot market.
    Last edited by tombarnum; 09-06-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith1976 View Post
    We just picked up our 2021 2970RL 3 weeks ago. MSRP was $61,995 and we got it for $43,995 plus taxes in Canada

Shopped around after and saw 2020’s going for $46-48k. So we think we got a good deal.
    I live in South Western Ontario. Could you please tell me the dealership you dealt with because anywhere I have gone they won't make any deals. I'm hoping it's not because I'm a woman.
    Case24

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by case24 View Post
    I live in South Western Ontario. Could you please tell me the dealership you dealt with because anywhere I have gone they won't make any deals. I'm hoping it's not because I'm a woman.
    Case24
    I went to RVvacations in Hamilton, they are under the Burlington skyway. Contact Jeff Johnstone that’s the sales rep I dealt with. Great guy to deal with, no pressure. And Dave the Manager was really good as well. If you want PM me and I can give you his email/contact details and I could give him a heads up that you might contact him.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarnum View Post
    I imagine we'll see lots of ads, but I don't expect a lot of sales. Most year-old rvs bought on credit will be worth less than what they owe. Most sellers won't want to cough up thousands to make up the difference to pay off the loan, so their asking prices will be too high, making actual sales limited. Even worse for them, if dealer prices drop a bit next year when their lots are full again, the price for a new one may be pretty close to what the used ones are selling for. Yes, if you can, wait until next year.

Even this year, used private sales are not all bargains. It's seems like there are a lot of sellers asking top dollar. I get the feeling that there are sellers who hadn't really planned on selling but want to take advantage of the hot market.
    I agree with you 100% We have always been tent campers but as the body ages we have decided that it's time for a camper. I have done a ton of research, looked at all of the ads for used campers. Unless something drops in my lap we will pull the tent out for one more season. I think any seller still setting on a used camper next year is going
    to find it is a buyer's market. Many new owners will cringe every month when they write that loan check and realize it's been 6 months since it have left storage. Or yeah. dont forget the check to the storage facility. Not sure but I think there is a slight possibility that we will see a lot of RVs auction as some people realize they are over their head and default on loans. I hate to see anyone lose money but am not above capitalizing on people who failed to do the research and made a major purchase on an impulse.
    Michael
    Boardman, OH
    2020 F150 SuperCab 6.5 Bed 2.7 Eco Boost
    Future Reflection-150 240RL Owner (with a much bigger TV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 2021 Reflection 312BHTS at Blue Dog RV in Redding for 25% under MSRP. We sold our Laredo 291 TG in July for top dollar within 6 hours of listing on Craigslist. I was going to hold out until 2021, but the recent west coast wildfires had me fearing another run on RV supply, especially the full time livable RV’s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast